MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-28-2001, 09:34 AM   #1
Kisner
Registered Member

Question Underdash Wiring Harness for 68

I need to replace my 68 coupe's underdash wiring harness due to year's of abuse (must've been spliced 30 times and several things don't work). Problem is after searching everywhere I can only find the harness for a 67. I don't have a tach, fog lights, or anything extra. Wouldn't a 67 harness without tach or fog light harness work the same? Pretty sure all the gauges and everything are the same.
Kisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2001, 01:33 PM   #2
Power
Registered Member

I'll see if I can find some more Information....but I'm thinking that the 67 harness should be ok. Also check out www.fomoco.com if you really want the 68 harness. Just look under the parts dept. Myself would probably throw the 67 harness under there...provided its in good condition. When I had my 68 I don't remember the harness being much different then my 66, except for the options on the 68. If your options are the same as the 67 then your good to go. Or lack of options rather. Hope this helps.

------------------
1966 Baby blue Coupe, 289, Manual 3-speed, Edelbrock 650, Flowmaster 3-chambers, and minor upgrades. Interior work includes custom paneling, custom dash dress-up(I refuse to cut anything out of the original), Rewiring most of the electronics, Porsche 911 seats installed soon, and Stroker kit when I get to Texas. November of 2001 I will go back to Dallas.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2001, 05:17 PM   #3
Fostang
Registered Member

I think the only thing that changes is the shape of the plug in's. But don't take my word on that. If the plugs are the same then it should work just fine.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2001, 09:33 PM   #4
Power
Registered Member

So did it work???
Power is offline   Reply With Quote