MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-28-2004, 07:36 AM   #1
Year2001Boogie
Registered Member

Default Wont Start, Dies, Help ! 1995 GT-5.0

Someone please help!

I have had this problem for years & the dealership thinks Im crazy!

I have a 1995 GT Mustang V-8 5.0 (only owner, myself)
The problem I started having was about 3 years ago, when I turn on the car, it wouldnt start, it keeps going like it wants to turnover but nothing happens, one day it didnt start so I put it in "N" to push it, got in & started fine, (this doesnt happen all the time but now I would say one out of every ten times I try to start the car this happens), so when ever the car doesnt want to start, I put it in "N" and it starts right away, now the additional problem I am having, is that it now also just all of the sudden turns of while I'm driving, and the the problem happens where the car wont start, sounds like it, will but just never gets to that point of being ON!
Does anyone know anything about this?
Any suggestions?

I have changed or the dealership had changed the following,
battery, alternator, battery cables & ends
fuel filter, fuel line, starter, distributor cap, distributor wire, spark plugs, some re-lay switch thats unknown to me, plus a few other things that I cant recall right now
Old 04-28-2004, 09:17 AM   #2
Red Mustang Gt 46
13.3 @ 103

Strange problem...check the IAC valve, that's another source of idle/starting problems.
COMP CAMS
FRPP
MSD
Bassani
Magnaflow
MAC
Red Mustang Gt 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:59 AM   #3
TARZAN
Registered Member

Does the car continously turn over, and seemingly crank, but never actually turn on???

If this is the problem, it could be in your theft system....

-Will

-Will
TARZAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:55 PM   #4
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

Is the car equipped w/ an auto or manual?
If its an auto, I would suggest to replace the MLPS.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:01 PM   #5
Year2001Boogie
Registered Member

Yeah the car seems like it wants to start, just goes grrraa rraaa raa raa raaa, but It never get to vrrroom!

The car is automatic, ......What is the MLPS.

Also forgot to mention I have had the entire fuel system also changed, from having the tank emptied and clean, to running all new lines & filters
(luckily its still under extended warrenty until 2005)

A couple of times that it didnt start in "N" .... (I have no idea how the logic behind this one & how it works, but it started everytime) If it doesnt start in "N" I will simply put my foot out the door and push it forward or backwards, maybe a couple inches, I crank it up, & it starts.

I tried that because another person I know had the same problem but with a Buick LaSabre, same identical symptoms, he finally found a mechanic that fixed his problem, it was the
"Crank Sensor", so the brain surgeon that I am I took it in to get the crank sensor changed on my mustang also..... well come to find out it doesnt have a crank sensor, & the mechanic wasunable to find the problem.

Thanx for you replies!
Much appreciated!
Old 04-28-2004, 05:04 PM   #6
Year2001Boogie
Registered Member

Also a while back about 4 to 6 months ago, a friend was telling me that the was a recall on some part of many ford cars that caused the engine to shut dow out of the blue, they had made a report of how many accidents it has caused ...
does anyone know anything about that one?
Old 04-28-2004, 10:31 PM   #7
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

You know what, the more I think about it, it's probably not the MLPS (manual lever positioning sensor or something like that.) A faulty MLPS usually causes the trans to slip in and out and between gears while driving, sometimes causing the car to stall, but I haven't heard of one causing starting problems.

You should post this in the Windsor section. The 5.0 guys will be able to help you more then us modular fellows
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 10:51 PM   #8
Year2001Boogie
Registered Member

Thanx!
Old 04-29-2004, 02:12 PM   #9
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

The thing that was causing engines to die while driving along was the thin film ignition, but I don't know much about that.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: