MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-23-2002, 05:13 PM   #1
setherek
Registered Member

Unhappy 71 Sportsroof, is it worth having?

I was wondering if my 71 Mustang sportsroof was really worth all the trouble I've been going through trying to fix it all up. I noticed these aren't as popular as other mustang models, but I was just hoping that all this money I was spending is really worth it. I've spent so far about $7500 bucks on it(including what I payed for it). Right now all it needs is the interior, paintjob, and maybe new wheels, i have a 1972 351c 2v. Personally I've been thinking about selling it and getting another car, but I don't think they'll give me at least 3/4rths of what I've spent. I'de appreciate your opinions, thanks.
setherek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 12:03 PM   #2
thunderbolt
Registered Member

I hate to be the bearer of sadness, but it is really hard to get the money out of these you put into them, regardless of the year. Now as you have noticed, that is even harder with the 71-73 cars. My philosophy is it is a hobby and as such not an investment. Got to spend the money if you like it and forget about getting it back or it will drive you nuts and you will be afraid to drive it.
I have a 72 and on the plus side, I think they turn more heads than the older ones because they are less common. Still less desirable to the general population but they do get attention.
thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: