MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-06-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
Warlock
Registered Member

Default Yo?

Anybody home here?
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
StangFlyer
Founder

Default Re: Yo?

Just got home. How about you?!
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #3
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

I'm here, but I was wondering the same thing.

Anyway, even though I'm home, I still hardly get opportunities to finish up my suspension project thanks to my stupid physiology class/meetings/license renewals for work.

Also, what's up with the traffic in Corner Carver's? I realize that barely anyone works on their own suspension where I live, but I thought there might be more than a few of us spread across the country...

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/deltamustang65/

If Nissan Motorsports = NISMO, wouldn't Honda Motorsports = HOMO?
DeltaMustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
bmxmon
Registered Member

Yeah hi im home too. Apparently not too many people are concerned with cutting corners, most are straight line types. Someday I'll be working on my suspension, going mustang II. (going to buy it this summer, but probably wont install it until it goes into paint/body phase) Lateral-g.net is a good forum I check out from time to time concerned with the pro-touring thing. Most are first-gen camaros though, some mustangs though.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #5
Warlock
Registered Member

Hello everybody!!! Glad to hear from you. This site needs some action, now there is some. I have an 07 GT with some modifications and really love it. Anyone in the San Antonio area?

Take care
Old 05-08-2007, 02:51 PM   #6
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Hi, Alex. I agree, most folks on here seem more interested in the 1/4 mile. You're one of the few that contribute to my topic, along with Drudis and a few others that I can't remember because it's been so long.

Care to share some details of your suspension plans?

Congratulations on buying a real Mustang, Warlock. What upgrades do you have so far?

Old 05-08-2007, 05:14 PM   #7
Warlock
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMustang65 View Post
Hi, Alex. I agree, most folks on here seem more interested in the 1/4 mile. You're one of the few that contribute to my topic, along with Drudis and a few others that I can't remember because it's been so long.

Congratulations on buying a real Mustang, Warlock. What upgrades do you have so far?

"Congratulations on buying a real Mustang, Warlock. What upgrades do you have so far?"

Hi and ya Im real happy with my GT, its the best car I ever had. "so far"

Im running the Brenspeed 93 octane tune using the SCTXcal2. I have a C&L CAI and Pypes axelbacks to bring up the rear. CDC supplied the sequential tail lights. Its a 5 speed manual, black with white stripes. Runs consistant high 12's on stock street tires.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:03 PM   #8
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

I'm not familiar with the computer side of things, seeing as how I only play with the old cars, but it sounds good. I've heard that you can scarcely change the air filter without having to reflash the computer. What are your experiences with that so far?

Old 05-09-2007, 04:20 AM   #9
bmxmon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMustang65 View Post

My plan for the front end is the Rod&Custom standard Mustang II suspension package, $1800 complete. As of right now all I have is grab-a-trak springs up front, stock everything else. (besides the shocks too i guess) Anyway, leaving alot to be desired. The main reason I want the II front end is to clear room for turbos Though those are farther down the road. Im not real sure what to do with the rear, I think the only thing really out there is four-link setups. Whats your plans?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:39 PM   #10
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Do you mean MY plans? Well, I'm almost done installing everything. In the rear I have 5-leaf reverse eye springs, 3/4" sway bar, grab-a-trak gas shocks (eventually upgrading to adjustable, not sure what brand), HD shackles, and poly bushings.

Front suspension is grab-a-trak 620 springs, 1" sway bar, grab-a-trak gas shocks, poly spring to shock tower/sway bar/lower control arm bushings, roller bearing spring perches, and grab-a-trak upper and lower control arms (the parts I've yet to install). I'm leaving the strut rods alone for now, because they're in good shape. The bushings are rubber, but they're new. I'm also going to do the Shelby drop before I install the upper arms.

Once all that is done, I'm going to have to lower the rear approximately another 1/4" so the ride height is level with the front.

When everything has had time to settle, I'm gonna have the car thrown up on a lift and have some subframe connectors welded in.

Almost forgot, but before starting the suspension, I installed a one piece export brace and curved monte carlo bar. Both are black, not chrome. I also painted the sway bars black before installing them in the interest of keeping the car looking stock at first glance.

As you can see, I'm well past the halfway point on the suspension. Not to mention I've completed the battery relocation.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #11
bmxmon
Registered Member

Very sweet! You'll have to let us know how she handles once you get the rest of your parts installed. I think I have the 620's also, though I cant 100% remember... They keep my car pretty flat, though a somewhat rough ride. I also cant say i've really pushed it that hard through the corners. (like at a track or something) How did your rear sway-bar install go? I've read they can interfer with the exhaust, true or no? Right now I have side exhaust, so that wouldnt really matter, though they are in the way for subframe connectors so they might have to go... You going to build your own subframe connectors or buy some aftermarket pieces? I was planning on just making mine, its a straight shot which doesnt seem like it would be too difficult.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:10 PM   #12
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Heh...Of course I'll let you guys know how the car behaves once I'm done, that's what my suspension topic is for. You're right about the 620s being somewhat rough, although maybe others would call it just plain rough.

The rear sway bar was very easy to install. I think I spent more time sanding, priming, and painting that thing than I did actually installing it. And of course it was my first time doing ANY of this stuff. It MIGHT be possible to interfer with the exhaust, but I dumped mine, so that doesn't affect me. Even if I still had the stock exhaust pipes, I don't see it being much trouble at all to move them out of the sway bar's range of motion.

I'm going to buy the subframe connectors from MP. I'm most likely going to get these welded in:

http://www.mustangsplus.com/Merchant...ry_Code=subfrm

They're nothing fancy, but I believe these are the type that will give me somewhere to run my battery cable through. As far as I know, the tubular connectors won't do that.