MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-02-2000, 09:15 PM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Cool Zex nitrous and Bassani X-pipe initial observations

Well, I finally got to "play" around with the car a bit today....

The X-pipe with cats sound great with the Dyno-Max cat backs.... Very little drone.
It sounds very aggressive, yet not as loud as a flowmaster cat-back setup.
I did notice a small decrease in low end torque after the conversion, on the flip side I also started to feel a decent power increase in the higher revs. We'll have to get this thing to the track for just what kind of numbers we're talking here.

The Zex system is also in and functional, and all I can say is that I LOVE this little gadget.

The setup is very easy to maintain and operate, with the switch in the cockpit, you can crack the bottle if there's any chance of meeting up with some pesky racers, and flip the arming switch as you line em up. Since it automatically initiates at WOT, you can concentrate on driving, not messing with the N2O button...

WARNING! At a max of a 75 shot, this is not for heavy duty racers, but if you're a daily driver who would like to get a helping hand in those "tight" situations, this might just be the ticket. While not a "pin you to the seat" acceleration, you can definately tell the pull when the nitrous is added at WOT.

Once again, I'll need to get to the track for some hard numbers.....

All in all, I think I'm really going to like these mods...

------------------
98 GT
Bassani X-pipe, Dyno-Max Cat backs, 3.73 gears, Steeda shifter, FMS pullies, 87mm MAF, Roush cold air kit, Eibach springs, and Zex 75 shot
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2000, 10:30 PM   #2
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Everyday I come home hoping the UPsman has come with my X-Pipe to go along with my new headers. But so far... Not yet.

Actually I'm planning on switching from my 2 chambers to either Dyno-Max or Bassini (sp?). The flows sound great, but they sound a little too great, if you know what I mean.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2000, 09:02 AM   #3
crumbie

Thanks for the input on the ZEX Nitrous. I will be ordering mine in December when I graduate.
Old 05-03-2000, 03:23 PM   #4
97 Aztec
Registered Member

Exclamation

ZEX is a waste of $$$. You can get the NX kit for the same price and adjust the jets from 50 to 75 to 100 to 150. If you want more in the future all you have to do is buy new jets, they are like $20 and you can bump it up to 300! Why waste your money on a 75hp kit when you can adjust up to 150hp for the same price! The NX kit works the exact same way as the ZEX kit.

------------------
97 Aztec Gold GT w/Steeda heads,TB,
shifter,headers, subframe conn. 3"flowmaster exhaust and
150 hp Nitrous Express.
97 Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote