View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 03:08 PM   #6
420nitro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BLACK85GT
Well, as far as parking, the only place I would be parking is either at a car show or in the garage, and maybe at the pits at the track. This car WILL NOT be parked next to granny's grocery getter at the local supermaket. I have three other cars for that.

But it will get the occasional sunday drive.
I have never driven a stang with manual rack. Dont know anyone that has one. But I like the idea of cleaning up the engine compartment a bit and no power steer oil mess, etc.

I guess my question is: is it impossible to drive other than the track for my above stated purposes? As far as selling it, forget that, (had this car since new and too much money into it).
Look at it this way, everybody has a different comfort level. I would not hesitate to enter my car into a true street event, or drive it to my local drag strip on slicks! I don't think it is tha big of a deal. Now getting a gallon of milk in the mustang is stupid when I have another car with a/c and a radio.
Now driving your car with the p/s belt off is a huge pain. With the manual rack in its place, its almost half the effort in comparison.
(or at least with the skinnies on) IMO

Lets put it this way,...with the car parked in the garage on the floor, I can turn the wheel with the least amount of resistence!!!!
People I have showed that to, quickly got the manual rack with out a second thought!!!!!
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote