MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-27-2001, 12:31 AM   #1
89FHPLX
Registered Member

Cool STRUTS AND SHOCKS

OK, MY CAR HAS 140,000 MILES ON IT. I HAVE BOUGHT FORD RACING LOWERING SPRINGS ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I WILL CHANGED MY STRUTS AND SHOCKS. MY LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS ARE REALLY BAD AND MY FRONT END HITS KIND OF HARD WHEN I GET I SMALL BUMP. I KNOW MY STRUTS ARE GETTING BAD BECAUSE OF THE HARD HITS IT TAKES, AND YOU CAN SEE FROM THE SIDE OF THE CAR THAT THE FRONT END IS FENDER IS ALMOST ON THE TIRE. I WANT TO KEEP THE SPRINGS I HAVE. WHAT STRUTS SHOULD I GET TO HAVE A SMOOTHER FEEL OF THE ROAD AND SOMETHING THAT WILL HELP RISE THE CAR. WILL BUYING NEW STRUTS RISE THE FRONT SOME? I DONT WANT ANYTHING FANCY OR EXPENISE. ALL I WANT IS A SMOOTH RIDE AND HELP MY FRONT END. DOES THE LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHING AFFECT THIS TO? THEY GOTTA BE REPLACE ASAP

------------------
89 Police Interceptor
BBK Shorty Headers, K@N Cone Filter,H-pipe no cats, 2 chamber FlowMasters,Under Drive Pullys,14 degree Timing, Short Belt, No Air Silencer, oil cooler, 3.08's, And All Police Package goodies
89FHPLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 01:10 AM   #2
84_GT350
Registered Member

I like KYBs. Mine are still in good shape after almost 2 years. One of them is blow but that's my fault. I checked a curb hard enough to pop a tire (hey...it was icey, I swear). The ride is firm but not harsh and I like their consistant performance.

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 03:58 PM   #3
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

PLEASE DONT TYPE LIKE THIS IT IS FREAKING ANOYING
anyways the kyb struts and shocks are very nice peices and they arnt expensive..are you running the motorsport "c" springs..those dont lower your car that much so i cant see why you keep wearing out struts..

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 10:48 PM   #4
BLOCKER
Registered Member

How would The KYB's work with Eibach Pro's?

I have a set of Pro's but need shocks and Struts to go with Springs, But I am not in to spending a $1000 cnd for koni's or $600 Cnd for tokiko....

Any suggestions?

(the Eibach lower the car about 1 1/2")
BLOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 11:35 PM   #5
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I was deciding between Koni's, Bilstein's, or Tokico's. Koni's are guaranteed for life and were recommended by a lot of people so I went with them. I gotta say I love mine.

I have the Ford C springs and have Koni Sport yellow struts and shocks which are pretty firm, but handle great. If you get Koni reds they have a bit softer ride.

Both yellows and reds are completely adjustable. The struts have a nut on top you turn to adjust them without having to remove them from the car. The rears have to be unbolted at the bottom to adjust but I never mess with them anyway.
www.shox.com has the best prices for struts/shocks.

Good luck!
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote