MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-09-2003, 09:57 AM   #1
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Unhappy Aligment ??? and aint got a Clue

Ok I Just Got a set of Kuhmo 17 Tires and Gunmetal Polished 17" Rims she was sitting on stock 15's. The seller another Corner carver told me to Bring my car to a SVT Dealer to have the Cars aligment and "SETUP" To Match a Cobra R from the same Year 2000 He explained Setup as What is Done to NASCAR and Other Cars to Run On the Tires and rims at there "Sweet Spot" Does any of this Make sence or is this Guy pulling my leg?

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 11:05 AM   #2
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

It is true that to get the most out of your suspension handling-wise and to correct any changes in geometry that may have come about from changing wheels and tires you should get a performance alignment done. As far as the NASCAR thing that's pushing it a little, although if you have a torque arm/panhard bar and weight jacking arms that's what NASCAR runs. There was a thread in here just a week or two ago discussing alignment settings.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 09:28 PM   #3
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blue00gt
It is true that to get the most out of your suspension handling-wise and to correct any changes in geometry that may have come about from changing wheels and tires you should get a performance alignment done. As far as the NASCAR thing that's pushing it a little, although if you have a torque arm/panhard bar and weight jacking arms that's what NASCAR runs. There was a thread in here just a week or two ago discussing alignment settings.
Thank you You Have answered My Question Fully His Reference to NASCAR Set Up was for me to get a Grasp Of ...."Setting Up".... A Car

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote