MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-14-2000, 09:24 PM   #1
John Buscema
Registered Member

Question Any Open Road Racers - High Speed Racing?

Any Mustangs here looking to do really high speed races? Silver State Classic or Pony Express?

I'm hoping there might be more interested in coming out to run top end.

For those who aren't familiar these are high speed races on closed sections of public highways. Classes w/ target speeds run from 95 to 170 MPH. And there is also an Unlimited Class which is balls out fastest.

Anyway, I was curious if there were any hardcore racers interested in top ending their cars.

------------------
97 Cobra
196 MPH Top Speed in 1999
www.200mphracing.com
John Buscema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2000, 09:05 AM   #2
Ken377LX
Registered Member

Exclamation

Definitely something that I've been wanting to do since the first year they raced in Nevada. I think my car is really ready now too. At least for the lower speed categories. No rollcage yet. But the cooling system and stuff is "I believe" up to the task. As long as the 15gallons of gas makes it the 90 mile trip, all will be good. I'll have to make an effort for the next spring event. I'll see how it goes.

The cost is a bit high though. Means you have to really plan in advance. A long weekend, including some time in Vegas can be pretty expensive without racing. I will make it out there eventually though. Just always seems that something else comes up that I have to travel to. If all my freinds would stop getting married in remote locations around the country I would have more time to travel to stuff like that.

Ken

------------------
'91LX hatch, 377ci Windsor, TW heads, GT40/Downs intake, BBK LT headers, 12.80 corrected ET. (actually 13.90 at 5800')
Ken377LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2000, 11:49 AM   #3
John Buscema
Registered Member

You can save some of the cost by joining one of the Mustang teams. There are a lot of teams that form for the races, by car type and best of all if you are part of one of the teams you get a 10% discount.

But no doubt it is expensive to do. However, I can guarantee if you do it once you will get hooked BIG TIME! My first race was in 97 and I've been going ever since. For me that means a 2,500 mile trip each way to the race and back.

John Buscema is offline   Reply With Quote