MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-27-2001, 09:26 AM   #1
stang5ohlx
Registered Member

Question Any suggestion on what brand suspension to go with?

I need to replace my entire suspension...well, minus the springs as they are only 2 years old. I need new struts, shocks and quad shocks. My car is now 10 years old, has 140,000 miles and is still stock suspension. What brand should I go with? I do not have the money to go to coil overs at this time. I will be adding caster/camber plates as well as full poly bushing to both front and rear end. I have seen KYB, HAL, KONI. Which should I go for? This part will be new for me and I know I need some performance, but I also don't want to have to hold up a bank to have the cash to do it. Thanks.

------------------
91 LX Hatchback, Ported, polished, E303, hydraulic roller rockers, underdrive pullies, dual chamber flowmasters, Eibach lowering springs.
stang5ohlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 12:09 PM   #2
turbolx
Registered Member

Wink

Steeda or Maximum Motorsports, both are good places to start and have complete packages that will work very well for you.

------------------
Greg Banish
President, Detroit Speedworks, Inc.
'93 LX Turbocharged Road Racer
'00 Bad-Ass F150
turbolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 06:35 PM   #3
stang5ohlx
Registered Member

Thanx Turbolx. I've checked out both sites and will have to make a decision...I think I will probably go with shocks and struts from Steeda, but go with the caster camber plates from MM, they're a litte more $, but it definately looks like they'll be worth it in the long run...may even get a 4 pt cage with removable cross bar and harness mounts from MM if I can scrape the cash up!

------------------
91 LX Hatchback, Ported, polished, E303, hydraulic roller rockers, underdrive pullies, dual chamber flowmasters, Eibach lowering springs.
stang5ohlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2001, 03:30 PM   #4
Skankin
Registered Member

Using urethane in all the rear joints will cause some aweful binding. I'd just leave the uppers, and get a good set of lowers (that have a spherical bearing to reduce some of the binding).

You won't get the axle hop, so this will allow removal of the quad shocks... which will save you a little money (which you can put towards the lower control arms).
Skankin is offline   Reply With Quote