MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-09-2003, 05:20 PM   #1
GTJules99
Registered Member

Talking Auto-X over the weekend

Patrick and I set out to dominate the auto-x this weekend somewhere south of Daytona Beach. I was asleep and didn't really care where I was racing.

The first race on the car was by me. I was the first one in my novice group who actually drove the course correctly. The car was pushing really bad so the tighter corners were tough for me. I ran pretty good and I only hit one cone. We put more air in the front tires and I think some in the back. With the wide back tires and the narrower fronts the car isn't really set up for proper auto-xing.

Patrick drove his first race and did great! He got hosed though. They put him in a class with all race tires and suspension work, when we just had "mufflers" done to the car. So, he was a couple seconds off the lead time because lack of grip and the wonderful pushing.

Our second race was a little better. More tire pressure was added to the fronts and I didn't hit a cone. However, Patrick was going around one corner a little too quick and plowed a cone. O well.

The third race was quicker for me and I think the same for Patrick. I decided to try to go faster through the cones and I hit one. Patrick didn't hit any.

We had a great day at the races and new ideas are in mind for the car. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm exhausted.

Jules
Old 06-10-2003, 07:46 AM   #2
8T4SVOChick
Mustang Junkie

That sounds like so much fun. Which car are you using? You need to get some pics posted up of you guys. I would love to see some.

Asst. Editor,
GirlsCanToo
Event/Race Coord.,
Texas Rep.,
TeamGC2

Mustang Forum Moderator @
FordSpeed.net
DFW Forum Moderator @ LoneStarStangs
Visit FordCustoms!
8T4SVOChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:26 AM   #3
GTJules99
Registered Member

Squat is the only car that is working between the two of us. His camaro is not working at the time (it's a camaro ).

I keep telling him we need pics of us and the cars and bike.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:46 AM   #4
8T4SVOChick
Mustang Junkie

LOL @ the Camaro. Are you going to set it up for auto x too? We want pics!! Tell him to get off of the stick.

Asst. Editor,
GirlsCanToo
Event/Race Coord.,
Texas Rep.,
TeamGC2

Mustang Forum Moderator @
FordSpeed.net
DFW Forum Moderator @ LoneStarStangs
Visit FordCustoms!
8T4SVOChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 11:56 AM   #5
PatrickCarter
Registered Member

http://www.fbody.com/members/fastbluetoys/

the camaro has 396 full cage, subframes, all the suspension mods you can do, bilstein shocks, soon to be coil overs. Upgraded brakes so you could say it is setup for autox, I am shooting for running One-Lap of America next year (so if you know anyone who wants to sponser somone let me know ) I am currently beefing up the motor, it will be a 398 (as opposed to a 396 which is it now) with different solid roller cam, some more hoggin done to the AFR 210 heads, and hopfully Speedpro (F.A.S.T.) if I can still afford it, should make in the neighborhood of 550 rwhp NA, and then I have a shot of n2o about a 250 shot, looking for ~800 RWHP for those pesky Civic si's .

Yea yea I know we need pics, we'll have some of us soon i garentee it!!!!

P
PatrickCarter is offline   Reply With Quote