View Single Post
Old 04-02-2004, 07:58 PM   #8
rbohm
Registered Member

Cool

ok the first thing you want to do is install weld in subframe connectors, either ones that follow the floorpan, or ones that go through the floor depending on how much work you are willing to do.

next replace the rocker panels with the ones from the convertable mustang. as i stated earlier they are stronger.

next install a kenny brown extreme brace and jacking rails. these will tie the subframes and the rocker panels together making for a very stiff chassis.

next you want to add a strut tower brace.

if you can install a torque arm and panhard bar, and aftermarket tubular lower control arms, trash the upper arms as they are usless for what you want. this will get the rear end to stick like mad.

moving to the front, replace the stock K member with a tubular one, griggs racing makes a good one for road racing. install caster/camber plates. get ones with maximum adjustability.

as to springs, if this is going to be a dual purpose car, then get a set of progressive rate springs, eibach can help you with the rates you will need. if this is a single purpose car then you want a fairly stiff spring, the ford super sports springs work fine.

get the best struts and shocks you can afford, koni's are the best in my opinion, but kyb's and bilstien's are also very good. i liket he koni's becaues not only are they fully adjustable, but they are also rebuildable as well.

wheels and tire, use the widest wheels and tires the rules allow, you may need to roll the fender lips to get them to fit.
by a band who died in a plane crash.

fordsix.com admin
rbohm is offline   Reply With Quote