MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-21-2005, 04:06 PM   #1
scale
Registered Member

Default bbk progressive springs with 5 way tokicos??

Does anyone run bbk progressive springs and tokico 5 way adjustables in their 87 - 93 coupe? Im looking at upgrading my stock sus and brothers performance has this kit. You can choose from the koni yellows or the tokico 5 way adjustables.

They are claiming these will drop the car 1.5 inches...but i doubt that. That seems a bit much. Even if it does drop it that much....that has to look a bit funny on coupe. I could only fine one review of a progressive rate spring from a bbk install and that was on the newer 95+ body style.

Any thoughts?
1991 LX coupe,AOD, red, 80k, K&N, MAC cat back, MAC off-road X, Autometer Gauges, BBK Ceramic unequals, fully polished upper intake, fuel rails, and egr, working on installing.....MM full length subs, H&R sport springs, MM Lower control arms, MM caster camber plates, bilstein shocks, struts.
scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:30 AM   #2
drudis

Default Re: bbk progressive springs with 5 way tokicos??

Progressive rate springs are better for daily drivers.
I started with Eibach "Street" (450-580#) variable rate springs, matches with Monroe Formula GP shocks. THAT was an excellent street ride, and should have come from the factory that way.
Later, I ran BBK 650# linears for a little while on a car that was intended for a roadcourse, but driven frequently (no daily) to work. That was "fine".

Now I run 425# linear rate coilovers (1600# rate conventional) with adjustable Koni Yellows, and its not intended for the street at all.

As for struts, I would go with the Tokikos. The yellows might be a wee bit stiff, even at full soft.
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote