MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-15-2004, 02:55 PM   #1
Her99GT
Registered Member

Default Need better shocks???

I have a '99 GT that is lowered about 1 1/4 with Steeda springs. I have Tokico shocks. I currently moved and am having to drive a longer distance to work. The reason I mention that is because I was just driving 4 miles to work on a smooth road. Now I am driving 20 miles on a pretty bumpy freeway (59N and 59S in Houston between New Caney and Humble, if anyone is familiar with that area) Anyway, I was wondering if better shocks would give a smoother ride. I just don't want to ruin the cars suspension if that is possible. I know that my car will always have a "rougher" ride, just wanted to know if anything would help with the quality of the ride.

Thanks, Beth
Her99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:57 PM   #2
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

You could try going with some Tokico adjustables so that you can dial in your setup. Setting them softer will make the ride less harsh, but too soft and the car will bounce a lot. I believe the adjustables on 3 are the same as the non-adjustable Illuminas (range is 1-5).
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 08:57 PM   #3
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

I have had very good experience with Bilstein's on Pennsylvania's horrible roads. You might want to check them out.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:30 AM   #4
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Default Re: Need better shocks???

Quote:
Originally posted by Her99GT
I have a '99 GT that is lowered about 1 1/4 with Steeda springs. I have Tokico shocks. I currently moved and am having to drive a longer distance to work. The reason I mention that is because I was just driving 4 miles to work on a smooth road. Now I am driving 20 miles on a pretty bumpy freeway (59N and 59S in Houston between New Caney and Humble, if anyone is familiar with that area) Anyway, I was wondering if better shocks would give a smoother ride. I just don't want to ruin the cars suspension if that is possible. I know that my car will always have a "rougher" ride, just wanted to know if anything would help with the quality of the ride.

Thanks, Beth
I know exactly that stretch of freeway, and it does suck. I would suggest some adjustable shocks. Bilstien supposedly has some of the best shocks and struts, but they are quite pricey. When it comes to cars, you usually get what you pay for though.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote