MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-04-2001, 07:20 AM   #1
LOCASH
Registered Member

Post CAMBER AND CASTER SPECS FOR LIGHT AUTO X?

I am in Europe and I just dropped my car off for an alignment. Since I am sure that I will have to bring it back anyway I figured I would ask. I am almost positive that they do not have the specs but anything will be better than what it was. I have the 87 or 88 spindles, struts,etc. Do I have to use the specs from a newer car? What would be an optimum setting for camber? Will I have to get the camber caster plates to get it back "in"? One more thing......Does anyone make a Panhard bar that will, for sure, without a doubt clear 2.5 exhaust that follows factory routing?

------------------
86 GT T-tops, AOD, B&M shift kit and hammer shifter, ROH wheels, K&N, Timing,MAC headers, 2.5 off road H, 2.5 American Thunder, 87 spindles, rear disc,SS lines, BBK 1.5, poly bushings, Crutchfield front kick panel speakers.
LOCASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 10:42 PM   #2
drudis

You only _may_ need C/C plates for the alignment. The stock "onionhead" plates dont have a lot of adjustability.
I would opt for near stock specs. If you lower the car, I would use less camber (less negative that is).
As for the panhard, cannot comment "for sure". I know the Griggs SD ones do not. The HD ones have trouble with most brands of aftermarket ones. The other Panhards (like BBK and Saleen...) I would not buy. I have personally seen those bend and catastrophically break (and slice thru a tire).

------------------
Darius Rudis
Roadracer: Home built t-arm/panhard suspension powered by an S-trimmed motor :-)
My Mustang Page
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2001, 09:48 PM   #3
LOCASH
Registered Member

I just want to be clear because I do, in fact, have to take it back. When you say stock, would that be stock 86 or stock 87 or are they the same?

------------------
86 GT T-tops, AOD, B&M shift kit and hammer shifter, ROH wheels, K&N, Timing,MAC headers, 2.5 off road H, 2.5 American Thunder, 87 spindles, rear disc,SS lines, BBK 1.5, poly bushings, Crutchfield front kick panel speakers.
LOCASH is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: