MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-29-2001, 08:11 AM   #1
Chris_H
Registered Member

Post Can Cobra Brake conversion handle road racing?

Ok I am in the market for new wheels and brakes. I am torn between the Cobra conversion and the Baer Brakes. I would much rather have the Baer brakes, but they are a little more expensive for what I can afford right now. I was wondering who has the Cobra brakes on their cars right now, and who really abuses them on the track? Can these brakes stand up to some extended punishment on the road coarses, or do they start to fade after a few laps? I want to get into open road racing, and need to know how well they will handle the punishment. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Chris_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 01:13 PM   #2
spinemup
Registered Member

yes the cobra kit can handle the job on a light fox body. i have a m2300k kit for sale with braided lines. $1000.

also have a set of 95 cobra wheels with tires for $700

bkrbkr19@juno.com
spinemup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 03:21 PM   #3
drudis

WOW $1000, JUMP ON IT!!!

Yes, the M2300K brakes can handle roadracing. You need aftermarket pads like Hawk Blues or Performance Friction CM90 (what I run). Then you NEED ducting to cool the brakes. A splash of Ford HD brake fluid the day before and event, and your set to go.

------------------
Darius Rudis
Roadracer: Home built t-arm/panhard suspension powered by an S-trimmed motor :-)
My Mustang Page
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 08:18 AM   #4
Chris_H
Registered Member

What kind of ducting are you using for your brakes, if any? I'm not sure what I could do for it, unless I was to put on a GT front facia, and run the ducting through the foglight holes. I'm still waiting to hear from Baer as to what they have to say, but I am open to using the Cobra brakes too. I appreciate the replys. Now to just get the wife to back me on the this purchase!

Chris
Chris_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 11:26 AM   #5
dinomite
The Dude

that was my idea to, to use the cobra bumper cover and use the brake cooling holes that ford so kindly provided. check www.stangparts.com see if they have one.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: