MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-16-2002, 06:57 AM   #1
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Talking My favorite to date!

Ok, just this morning I'm driving along in commuter traffic thinking to myself... 'I wonder how many Cobras there are out this morning, ho hum, I bet I'm the only one... is that a black V6 diagonally back from me?'. Well.... I couldn't have been more wrong on both accounts. This V6's hood looked a little different, it was kinda in my blind spot and I couldn't see the badges. Hmmm... new kind of hood... wait, I've seen that kind of hood. It was a Cobra and I believe it was an 03 hood. I was stuck behind someone and he passed me on the right, I cut over and went around the car infront of me. The light changed up ahead and there was only one lane open. He got infront of me, and we had open road. 'I wonder if he'll launch or just kinda t......' SREEEEEEEEEEECH!!!!! D'oh! He's taking off! Man, I wasn't totally ready but he got a great launch and I had NONE! D'oh, he can drive too (and I can't yet?!..Crap). I heard a squeel of wheels... I didn't shift yet... oh boy! He's in second... and squeel... third.... From the start he had a good car length on me... and it wasn't until third did I actually start to reel him in! Man, GOOD FUN!!!!! Thumbs up and peace signs flashed after we shut down and he got into the turning lane. That woke me up in the morning... nothing like a 7:00am rush against a good driver and a fellow Mustang (not to mention Cobra)!!! BTW, his was a black coup...beautiful car!

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote