MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-04-2002, 06:53 PM   #1
FdMust88
Registered Member

Question Caster/Camber - Struts/Shocks - Tires?

I have a new set of FMS springs(not installed yet), and a set of caster /camber plates(not installed yet) I ordered from hotpart.com.. I have a few questions..

1. What struts/shocks should I go with? Koni Yellows or Bilstein Sports? I've heard the Koni's are more aggressive(stiff), if this is true, that's what I want..

2. Where should I start with setting up the caster/camber plates? This handling stuff is all new to me.. I plan on doing some autocrossing when the spring and summer rolls around. One of my friends runs his Porsche and is getting me into it.. What would a good starting point be for an aggressive street set-up?

3. One more question: What kind and size tires can and should I get for my stock pony wheels for the track and street?

Thanks...
91LX, Modifications include: MAC Cold Air Induction Kit, MAC Headers and Cat-Back Exhaust, BBK H-Pipe, Edelbrock 70mm T.B., Pro-M 75mm MAF, MSD Wires and coil, NGK plugs, Pro 5.0 shifter, Underdrive Pullies, Kirban Fuel Pressure Regulator, Koni Adj. Sport struts & shocks, FMS springs, Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates, Strut tower brace, Kirkey Seats, and some Autometer gauges. Probably a few things I've forgotten also..

1991 Mustang LX
FdMust88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 01:20 PM   #2
drudis

Default Re: Caster/Camber - Struts/Shocks - Tires?

Quote:
Originally posted by FdMust88
I have a new set of FMS springs(not installed yet), and a set of caster /camber plates(not installed yet) I ordered from hotpart.com.. I have a few questions..

1. What struts/shocks should I go with? Koni Yellows or Bilstein Sports? I've heard the Koni's are more aggressive(stiff), if this is true, that's what I want..
Koni yellows are too much for a street car. Koni reds are much more like it. I would actually recommend Tokikos, or Bilsteins.

Quote:
2. Where should I start with setting up the caster/camber plates? This handling stuff is all new to me.. I plan on doing some autocrossing when the spring and summer rolls around. One of my friends runs his Porsche and is getting me into it.. What would a good starting point be for an aggressive street set-up?
Set them to about -1 degree camber fors starters. Not very agressive for the street, and wont wear out your tires. Max out the caster, and slight toe in (maybe 1/8 to 1/16).

Quote:
3. One more question: What kind and size tires can and should I get for my stock pony wheels for the track and street?

Thanks...
245-45's look really nice. 245-50's look a little tall (for me). Brands are a whole new can of worms. go to www.tirerack.com and pick some...
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: