MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-04-2002, 02:11 PM   #1
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Default Chasing some high-end sports cars

Took my '00GT for an awesome drive in the twisties around my house through the redwoods. Usually I don't run into any cars that can hang with me when I push it on the windy roads, but this time it was different. Must have been the weather.
I'm tooling along about to come up on some good corners when a new Porsche Carrera (non-turbo) turns in front of me and gets on it. There are 3 90-degree corners in a row on this road separated by small straightaways. This person was going for it. I stayed right with the Porsche through the first 15mph corner. We exited it at about 45mph and the Porsche must have hit close to 100 on the straight as I hit over 90 and it was pulling on me slightly. Braked hard and took a good line, staying right with it through the 20mph right-hander. Next up is a downhill 15mph left-hander and we are hitting about 70+ going into it. This is when I realize I need some badass brakes. They felt a little hot and I had to take it easier on the last corner and let the Porsche get ahead. Turned out to be a good-looking lady when I pulled up at the stop sign at the end of the road.
Believe it or not about 20 minutes later I am following a Ferrari F355 Spyder. I hit about 115mph chasing him on a straight and didn't get too far behind by the time we had to slow down, but he was pulling of course. Didn't get a chance to chase him in any corners as he pulled off...
I live for days like that.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 01:23 PM   #2
drudis

Sorry, but you're gonna get a scolding from me...
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK!!!

I have friends that have been chased off roads on blind no-passing-zone turns on the way to the lake on the countryside backroads.

Congrats on not killing yourself, or any innocent others.
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: