Thread: Coilover?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2001, 11:26 AM   #2
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

There is no problem with running coilovers on the street as long as you choose your spring rates properly. You will probably want to get some good caster/camber plates if you don't already have them since your front suspension loading all goes through that point with coilovers - I have the Maximum Motorsports ones with metal spherical bushings with my coilovers and they work great. A strut tower bar is a good idea also.
As for rear coilovers, be careful whose kit you choose as some of them mount to the weak floorpan. I think Griggs racing makes a good rear coilover kit but it is pretty expensive. Maximum Motorsports was in the process of developing a rear kit last time I spoke with them.

------------------
2000GT Atlantic Blue: Cobra R Wheels-17x9 255/40/17, 17x10.5 315/35/17, tubular K-member & control arms, Tokico 5-ways, coil overs, sway bars, strut/shock tower bars, 70mm FMS throttle body, Saleen nose.
79 Pace Car: Maximum Motorsports suspension - H&R Race springs, Bilsteins, rear control arms, chassis bracing, Draglites, 302 w/ Edelbrock Performer intake, cam and 600cfm carb, BBK equal-lengths & H-pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 2chmbr exhaust, Al Driveshaft, 8.8 trak-loc, TCI C4 w/ 2000 stall, B&M
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote