MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-01-2002, 11:24 PM   #1
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Thumbs down GT going into Ford for diag. ALREADY!...

well going home this past weekend I came onto the offramp from 75 and at about 60 I noticed a really distinct (not overpowering) wobble in the car, mostly felt through the steering wheel...the car still drove perfectly straight and it wasn't the patch of road, cuz I checked several times on the drive from the off ramp to my house...you can actually let go of the steering wheel and see the wheel vibrating its such a large movement....

anyways, I had my ford (the guys who i got my car from) balance the tires on saturday cuz thats all they had time for...it didn't fix the problem, but they acknoledged the problem (unlike a chevy dealership around here that pretends things arent wrong....different subject tho)...so on monday when I had time (since i drove back up here on sunday) i went down to the dealership, bought my bra and scheduled an appointment...(these guys sell saleens *drooooool*)...so it goes in at 9:15AM tomorrow...yippee...lol...

the only thing coming to mind would be that one of the tires separated or something...anyone have any ideas before it goes in in the morning?

i still can't believe its already gotta be checked for a wobble....i hope it is just a tire or ill be pee-iced! ...prolly is just those crappy goodyears on there....pos tires i tell ya...

-jonathon

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 12:27 AM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

hey man, you got the bad year gatorback's? there is your prob, i had 3 blowout's in one year , the last one cost me 8,000 in car damage, those tires are junk.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 02:43 AM   #3
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Its a unfixable problem. You should leave the car at the airport with the keys under the mat. I'll fly down and drive it back here. Sorry for the bad news.
Old 10-02-2002, 03:41 AM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

hey mustangII460 any fender's & front bumper, headlight's etc for a 97 stang up your way? im looking for these part's for a teal green vert, not for me, but for a bud, cya.

R H C- member # 1
Old 10-02-2002, 03:57 AM   #5
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

I'll check around. Try "Hot Lining" it at the junk yard, if ya haddn't already.
Old 10-02-2002, 04:24 AM   #6
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

yeah , gonna work on that this weekend, started out racing this guy, i beat him,wondered why he stayed on my rear end till i was almost home, he just wanted to know if i could find stang part's lol, after i smoked his olds. he had a nice vette in his garage. cya.

R H C- member # 1
Old 10-02-2002, 04:35 AM   #7
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Had a FedX guy run up on my rear yesterday. I was in my old Bronco and couldn't lose his Van. Figured this guy had a screw loose, or maybe my Bronco did?? He kept flashing his lights and blowing his horn.

I pull over expecting the worst, he says "How much for that El Camino in your driveway?" Says he had been looking for one lately. Hopefully saturday he will own a chevy.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:38 AM   #8
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangII460
Its a unfixable problem. You should leave the car at the airport with the keys under the mat. I'll fly down and drive it back here. Sorry for the bad news.
aw man, really? ...geez...if its that serious i'll have to, I mean I trust you car guys on here ...

marty: did the blow outs happen in your new GT? I was waiting for these to be a little more used before i put on better tires...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Old 10-02-2002, 08:17 PM   #9
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Talking

Quote:
you can actually let go of the steering wheel and see the wheel vibrating its such a large movement....
Hey, there's nothing wrong with your car dude, just the first stage of being broken in.
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 08:29 PM   #10
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by MustangKelly96
Hey, there's nothing wrong with your car dude, just the first stage of being broken in.
dude? hehe.. .....it has over 6k miles on it! i think ive broken it in by now ...

they told me what was wrong....my tires needed to be balanced....which is VERY weird since ford by my home did that over the weekend...but i guess my rear left tire was REALLY off...they took off the rim and tire and used some machine to level it....so its all better, nothing serious, just those sch!tty badyears...bleh!

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics

Old 10-02-2002, 09:05 PM   #11
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Talking

Sorry jonathon. (i even spelled your name right) hehehe
My bad attempt at humor fails again. Seriously hope the situation has been cured. Now my car on the other hand is starting to look like a lost cause.
Before my accident in June, had new tires, front brakes, new calipers, rotors machined(?) and front struts. About a week after I had my car back, started to notice a front end wobble??!! So, took the car and had a front end alignment. Seemed to solve the problem for a few days. Within a weeks time, the front was back to wobbling and now the freaking brakes are squealing like a stuck pig. OK, so I took it back to the shop where I had the brake work done. "Oh, them brakes are fine, it's the tires." O-*******-K! So I then took the car BACK to the tire shop. "No, not the tires! It's your rotors!"One appears to be warped." I'm thinking, so why didn't the brake guy mention that !!?? But anyway, had new rotors put on Friday AND the brakes still squeal and STILL has some wobble. Guess it's back to the shop again

Last edited by MustangKelly96; 10-03-2002 at 12:27 AM..
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 09:36 PM   #12
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Sorry jonathan. (i even spelled your name right) hehehe

ROFL! omg....i appreciate the attempt....that was a good laugh...

Quote:
My bad attempt at humor fails again. Seriously hope the situation has been cured. Now my car on the other hand is starting to look like a lost cause.
Before my accident in June, had new tires, front brakes, new calipers, rotors machined(?) and front struts. About a week after I had my car back, started to notice a front end wobble??!! So, took the car and had a front end alignment. Seemed to solve the problem for a few days. Within a weeks time, the front was back to wobbling and now the freaking brakes are squealing like a stuck pig. OK, so I took it back to the shop where I had the brake work done. "Oh, them brakes are fine, it's the tires." O-*******-K! So I then took the car BACK to the tire shop. "No, not the tires! It's your rotors!"One appears to be warped." I'm thinking, so why didn't the brake guy mention that !!?? But anyway, had new rotors put on Friday AND the brakes still squeal and STILL has some wobble. Guess it's back to the shop again
this is what you get for driving a mustang :\ ...always problems...sounds like theyre messing with you btw...brake ppl are REALLY good at it...and most tires suck on mustangs....so who knows...i doubt you needed new rotors...sounds a bit nuts...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics

Old 10-02-2002, 10:20 PM   #13
srv1
Get down.....

Thumbs down

switch the tire front to rear and see if it goes away. Goodyear tires suck! PERIOD! tell them to try that. good luck!
Old 10-02-2002, 11:23 PM   #14
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1
switch the tire front to rear and see if it goes away. Goodyear tires suck! PERIOD! tell them to try that. good luck!
i did tell them goodyears suck...lol...but they came with the car so theres no point in spending $600-$800 yet on a decent set of new tires unless i need to, and there is lots of tred left on these so far...besides, they fixed the wobble.......damn badyears tho...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics

Old 10-03-2002, 01:39 AM   #15
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
That would be true for a Cheby.

I thought it was funny anyway.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote