MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
fastsvo
Registered Member

Default Do I really need a bumpsteer kit?

Hi Guys,

Please help me decide if it's worth the PITA and added alignment time and expense to install a bump steer kit. Below is my combo and this is just a daily driver with frequent canyon runs for fun (1991 GT).

Stock K-member, arms, spindles....
JBA 600# Blue springs (sits low, but was missing the spring isolators which have been added now)
MM center drilled rack bushings
MM steering shaft
ProCi CC Plates (one long supplied spacer (15mm) underneath the plate, two short (10mm x2) spacers on top for the strut shaft - clears hood!)
Bilisteins (std) all around (These struts came with their own bolts, should I use them or stick with the OEM setup?)
Suspension Techniques front and rear swaybars (this might be overkill -any comments?)
The above also includes poly sway bar and end link bushings

Anyways....I have a BAER bumpsteer kit sitting around, but after reading about properly setting it up...I think I want to call it quits now. Will I regret this decision later? I am hoping the favored 90-93 outer tie rod will pick up the "slack" or is that wishful thinking?

Thanks in advance.

-Eric
fastsvo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: