MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-04-2002, 05:20 PM   #1
vetteeatr
Registered Member

Default Do these cars compete against the 2k ibs cars?

K i allready have a 88 mustang and am nto dissing them by any means.

Its jsut that i am abotu to get another car and was gonna get a corner carver really light honda or something and make it for autocrossing....

Can the mustang really hang with these light cars?

and i also mean for aroudn the same price in mods woudl they both be about the same?

I know the mustang will tear these cars up in straight aways but can you really make them handle very well?

If you can coudl someone give me a page or osmehting to make my mustang handle extremely well or the best parts to buy...

If I started otu wiht a 94 or 95 would it handle better in the end?

I know nothing abotu suspension and how things shift when corners are taking and what not so all info woudl be great thanks.

World Windsor Sr.'s, Harland sharpe rockers, 3.73 gears, pulleys, no ac, hurst shifter, 10:1 pistons, BBK full length headers and H-pipe with flows.

Under extensive work for porting and fly cutting to accept my new cam and to match my soon to have systemax intake *DROOL*

Best E.T. 13.20 with edelbrock RPM intake and 70mm TB
vetteeatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 09:28 PM   #2
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

I just went for a drive this weekend in my '00 with a couple of friends who own imports. One is a '00 Integra Type R, the other is a '99 Vtec Prelude, both of which are several hundred pounds lighter than my car. Both have aftermarket springs, adjustable Tokicos, chassis bracing, and good tires. I smoked these guys on a super tight backroad with dozens of 20-25 mph corners. I'm talking after a few miles of hauling I slowed down for about 10 seconds after overheating my brakes before they were in sight in my rearview again. Of course these are front wheel drive cars I was up against, and I don't think much of front wheel drive for handling.
As for what handles better with the same money in mods, it depends on what level of mods you are talking. With mild mods an import will probably handle better because the Stang needs some help with handling stock. If you are talking extensive mods, a Mustang can do just as well as an import for the same money. Mustangs of varying levels of modification are very competitive in SCCA and Speedvision race events.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 09:43 AM   #3
drudis

If we are not being brand specific, then go to www.corner-carvers.com and read about Vipers / Vettes / Porsches / Integras / Supras / Mustangs...

I will run a Mustang, only cause my blood is Ford blue. Otherwise, if you wanna buy _any_ car, then look into some of what works and doesnt work on cars.

Me, I modified mine enough to hang with most any car out there on a bigger course (not parking lots).
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote