MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-10-2002, 08:17 PM   #1
PKRWUD

Default My Weekend w/ Topless In Texas

My Weekend With Christine

Well, I just got back from taking her to the airport, and decided to share my feelings on this past weekend with Christine. Some of you guys have really pushed the envelope asking for details that are really nobodies business, but I'll share with you what I can.

For starters, Christine is by far, the most beautiful woman I have ever known. She is fun, intelligent, caring and compassionate. I have never met another woman like her, and I doubt that I ever will again. We had so much fun while she was here, just doing everyday things. We had a great time with everything we did.

I picked her up in L.A. on Friday. After leaving the airport, we drove up to Ventura along the Pacific Coast Highway, passing through Santa Monica and Malibu along the way. We stopped by the Borla factory, but couldn't get past the employee-only entrance. After dropping off her bags, we went up to Ojai to see Skyman at his PC store. We then travelled the scenic route back, stopping for a while at a vista view that overlooked the Ojai Valley. As we were passing through Santa Paula and hour and a half later, we spyed several hot rods on the town's Main Street. We parked, and walked around among all the cars in this monthly car show. There were several exceptional vehicles there, including 20 or more with 6-71 or bigger blowers. This was the point during the weekend where I think I lost my heart to this woman. She was just as excited about the cars and their engines as I was, and her past experience of judging at car shows became apparent. She went over several of the cars with a fine tooth comb, and picked many of them apart. She really does know her stuff!

On Saturday, we went racing. She was awesome at the track, and really did an excellent job helping us out! She did everything she was told, and she did it outstandingly. She not only oiled the Heim joints for us, she polished them! She made trips up to the pit board everytime we needed to know our starting position, and returned with info about the other cars we were up against. She worked non-stop trying to make us a better team, and she succeeded. We were by far the most popular team there, and had more guys stopping by to wish us luck than we ever had before. She quickly became the most popular person there! Unfortunately, we had a rough night on the track. We finished second in our heat race, but had trouble in the Main event. On the second lap, the points leader cut across the infield birm between turns 1 and 2, trying to pass us for the lead, and instead became airborne, and landed with their right rear tire coming down on our left front. That wouldn't have been such a big deal, except for the fact that it ripped out the brake line when it happened. The result was we had NO BRAKES for the rest of the race! We still stayed in 2nd, closing in on the lead, when a lapped rookie spun out right in front of us with only two laps to go, and we ended up sliding into him sideways, bending the right rear rim, and blowing out the tire. The simple fact that Christine was there, and had such a great, positive attitude, kept everyone in very high spirits anyway. She will always have a spot on our team.

Sunday was going to be spent up at Knapps Castle, and The Cold Springs Tavern, in San Marcos Pass, above Santa Barbara, but we never even made it out of the house. She showed me videos of her on TV, and of her skiing 12 years ago. We looked through yearbooks, and told each other stories, and just had a really great time.

For all you busy-bodies wanting all the dirty details, well, too bad. You're not getting any from me. All I will say is that I have never been happier than I was while she was here. I honestly don't know what the future holds, but what ever it is, it won't be easy. Ventura, California, and League City, Texas, are quite a ways apart. If we could afford to fly to either place each weekend, we probably would, but that's just not possible. What I will say is this; I hope to get to spend alot more time with her in the future, and I probably will, but even if I never saw her again, I would still be a better person for the time we spent together.

If you are ever lucky enough to get to meet her, you would be a fool not to. She is truly remarkable woman.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!

Last edited by PKRWUD; 06-10-2002 at 08:23 PM..
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 08:20 PM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

So how come Mustang Works women never fly out to see me???

Sounds like a great time you guys had. Cool!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 08:24 PM   #3
PKRWUD

Below is a picture I took of Christine on Friday. It was taken at a place we stopped at for a while in Ojai, over looking the Ojai Valley, shortly after stopping by Skyman's store. The smoke from a nearby fire is very apparent in the background.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg ojai.jpeg (76.8 KB, 245 views)
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 06-10-2002, 08:28 PM   #4
PKRWUD

And here's a picture of her cleaning up the car after a heat race. Christine is at the rear of the car, and crew member Dave Hulce's wife, Patti, is the one closest to the camera. I swear they were both standing up when I went to take the picture!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8.jpeg (134.3 KB, 219 views)
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 06-10-2002, 08:31 PM   #5
PKRWUD

And here's a picture of Christine holding the broken brake line at the end of the night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 12.jpeg (148.1 KB, 202 views)
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 06-10-2002, 08:50 PM   #6
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

Very very very cool! I love the pics!
She is a great girl, I'm glad you guys had alot of fun!
Old 06-10-2002, 09:33 PM   #7
andy669
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by joe4speed
Very very very cool! I love the pics!
Joe You took the words right out of my mouth.

Indeed, very cool Chris! Congrats on the great weekend!

Most of us normal people only get to experience a weekend of this magnitude maybe once or twice in a lifetime. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 09:36 PM   #8
lx mike
Undescribable

Pics looks great!

this busybody wants to apologize to both of you for making any assumptions about your weekend.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 09:54 PM   #9
347MOM
Registered Member

Well I tell you one thing that I have hung around her many times and she is truely remarkable to be around. She is a blast to be around there is always something going on around her. She always has a smile on her face!!! She makes the cars shows worth going to, because you are always laughing and having so much fun!!!!! I am glad that you two had such a GREAT time!!!!

Girls can too's August "Mare of the Month"
347MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 10:17 PM   #10
rbatson

Thumbs up Excellent!

Sounds like a perfect weekend.
Old 06-10-2002, 10:27 PM   #11
shadowblue89
Registered Member

Sounds like you 2 had a great weekend. That is very good to hear.
So. When are you going out to Texas?

89 GT 5spd
shadowblue89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 10:51 PM   #12
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I know sometimes we don't see eye to eye, but I have to agree with your observations about Christine's character. Almost always cheery, and when she's apologizing for venting I always ask "You were venting?" Her venting is less involved than my mini rants on the MW, hehe.

She definately puts others before herself and she's a car nut to the end. I'm glad to see her hangin out with somebody who recognizes her as a wonderful person.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 11:57 PM   #13
PKRWUD

Thanks guys! You are all right; she is perhaps the coolest woman alive.

lx mike-
Don't sweat it!

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowblue89
Sounds like you 2 had a great weekend. That is very good to hear.
So. When are you going out to Texas?
LOL. Well Charlie, if I could afford it, I'd fly out there tomorrow, but I'm going to have an unGodly phone bill coming any day now. We discussed my joining her for a car show in Maryland at the end of the month, but finances are the key factor there, too. Otherwise, I will probably fly into Houston some time next month, and she is looking at flying back here by the end of the summer, maybe sooner. We'll just have to wait and see, but like I said, even if I never saw her again, which I highly doubt, I'm still a better person for the time we did spend together.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 06-11-2002, 12:20 AM   #14
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Sounds like you guys had a fun time. Too bad you didnt come visit us San Diego guys haha im jk. That would be cool though. Well goodluck with whatever you pursue!!

5 days till summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 12:29 AM   #15
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
And here's a picture of her cleaning up the car after a heat race. Christine is at the rear of the car, and crew member Dave Hulce's wife, Patti, is the one closest to the camera. I swear they were both standing up when I went to take the picture!
uuuhhh yeah right, i hear ya, heheh, glad you two had a great weekend, i told you guy's , stop with the soap opra guessing, hahaha, im glad you both had fun, see ya later bud. el loco.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 12:33 AM   #16
rbatson

Chris, maybe you should get a cell phone.. you can get free long distance and the rates aren't that bad. Or you could use that 1010220 deal, I dated a girl that lived out of town and I used that all the time.. saved me alot of money. The thing about that is if she isn't home and you get the answering machine it cost you a dollar, anything up to 20 minutes is $1. I'd always call her first, using my regular service, then if she answered I would call right back using 1010220.

As far as the travel expenses, you might want to check out www.orbitz.com . I went from Wilmington to Orlando last summer and it only cost me $137(or thereabouts), round trip. You can find deals, bro.. just look around. There is actually a guy on my route that has a web site and he swears he is cheaper than Orbitz, I'll see if I can find out the name of his site again (I don't see him that much).
Old 06-11-2002, 05:33 AM   #17
PKRWUD

Thanks for the tips, Rick! As far as the phone goes, we have recently both signed up for a program through AT&T where we will have unlimited calls for $20 a month. As for the ticket websites, thanks! If you see that guy on your route, get his info! I'm always looking to save money!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 06-11-2002, 08:27 AM   #18
Coupe Devil

Chris, Thats great man. I was just buggin ya earlier about the juicy details man. Thats your business totally and I probably wouldnt have said anything other than "yes we had a good time" if it was me. Its cool you guys had a great time. Ive talked to Christine through MSN several times and she seems like a very nice person. I've been thinking about flying out to Texs to the FFW in Ennis just to meet all the people from Texas. Christine being one of them because she is so cool. Its great you two get along so good. Cherish that dude, thats hard to find any more.

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 09:08 AM   #19
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Weekend with Christine

Chris:

Thanks for the generous account of your 'Weekend with Christine' and the photos, too.

I'm so glad you two had such an interesting time together.

You know that both you and Christine are valued members of this website 'family' and it's great to see you both together, even if only for a weekend. You'll decide your own future but know that all of us are hoping it's a great one for both of you.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 09:56 AM   #20
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Congrats and good luck buddy! You DESERVE IT!
Engine is a 1969 351 block w/393 stroker kit. Dynamic Roller Myte C4, 8 pt cage. Edlebrock Performer heads and Victor Jr. EFI, FRPP 30lb injectors & Cartech fuel system. MSD ignition. Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, adj. upper's, 3.73's, Koni rear shocks, much more
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote