MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-06-2002, 10:40 PM   #1
autoX
Registered Member

Default Exhaust question for DRUDIS

DRUDIS,
I am planning on installing my Torque arm and panhard bar (Griggs) pretty soon here and I know for a fact that my exhaust will not be able to exit the rear of the car still... I was thinking that I would just go with turn-downs after the mufflers, but while taking another car through DEQ for emissions testing this weekend, I noticed that they will not test a car that they can not get to the exhaust system! That means I am pretty much forced into doing a set-up similar to what you have on your car (with pipes exiting in front of rear tire). My question is, as I was looking uner my car, I don't understand how there will be enough clearance to have a 2 1/2 inch pipe go under my subframes. Do you ever rub your exhaust on the ground? Do you have any good pictures of the pipes coming out the side of the car? I checked out your site and coundn't find any that I could really see how yours looks. Again, I am most interested in the pipe coming out of your mufflers and exiting the side of the car. Do you have any pix you could send me?
Thanks for your time...
autoX
Red '90 GT - My Daily Driver (& weekend warrior) w/ Kenny Brown braces & Springs, Koni Yellows, Caster/Camber Plates, Factory Five Control arms, Poly Bushings, 3.55 gears, Hurst shifter, Dynomax cat-back, Cervini 2 1/2 cowl. Griggs torque-arm, & panhard bar waiting for installation!
Viper Blue '85 GT Convertible - Subframes, Holley Street Avenger Carb, Polished ROH ZR6, full Autometer Phantom gauges.
autoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 10:04 AM   #2
drudis

When I had 245-45-16's , I had 2-3/4" ground clearance. Yeah, can you say the width of your first three fingers!!!

Then I went to 275-40-17's which by nature of the bigger wheel, gave me an extra 1/2" ground clearance.

The bet photo I can do is this:
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: