MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-20-2000, 03:02 AM   #1
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

Post Fabricating a Panhard rod?

To me it looks like it would be pretty easy to fabricate one but I don't know anyone that has one for me to measure up. It is mondo expensive to ship one to Canada and my budget isn't that big. It would be mostly for street handling or maybe a solo event just for fun-nothing too serious. Anybody want to share some specs with me? I'm just sick of that movement of the rear around a corner at speed on the highway. Thanx in advance.

------------------
GT-40 heads (ported, polished, + milled), B303 cam, 1.7rr's, JE pistons, Offy intake, Holley carb, Flowtech 1 5/8" shortys, Flowtech X-pipe, MAC Flowpath exhaust, MAC pulleys, 373's, subframes, Eibachs+Tokicos, B+M ripper, FMS Clutch, Zoom Quadrant+cable, 17" CSA Ultra rims, 235/45ZR17 Yokohama AVS S4's, Carbed, Naturally Aspirated, and Nasty!
red82gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2000, 07:51 AM   #2
turbolx
Registered Member

Wink

Spend 20 minutes under the car with a tape measure and get back to us on this one...

Fabricating a panhard bar can be seriously difficult if you intend to clear things like the fuel filter and lines, exhaust pipes, axle "pumpkin", swaybar, etc. Your best bet is to get ahold of a Maximum Motorsports, Griggs, or other piece and copy it. There are a couple tricky bends necessary to clear some stuff under there.

The path of least frustration is to just save up and BUY a panhard bar. You'll do a lot less swearing in the long run.

------------------
Greg Banish
President, Detroit Speedworks
'93 LX
Incons, Baers, Torque Arm, Stereo
'00 Bad-Ass F150
turbolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2000, 02:13 PM   #3
drudis

Lightbulb

Ditto.
If that is all you are doing to the rear suspension (not roadracing), then you can get a Griggs "street" or MM (not Saleen/BBK).

------------------
Darius Rudis
Roadracer: Home built t-arm/panhard suspension powered by an S-trimmed motor :-)
My Mustang Page
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2000, 03:13 AM   #4
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

I got a hold of Western Motorsports out of Calgary and they sell theirs for $350 Cdn. so I'll probably end up with theirs. I just can't justify spending $700 (with exchange, shipping, and brokerage) on something worth $50 (Cdn.)in materials.

------------------
GT-40 heads (ported, polished, + milled), B303 cam, 1.7rr's, JE pistons, Offy intake, Holley carb, Flowtech 1 5/8" shortys, Flowtech X-pipe, MAC Flowpath exhaust, MAC pulleys, 373's, subframes, Eibachs+Tokicos, B+M ripper, FMS Clutch, Zoom Quadrant+cable, 17" CSA Ultra rims, 235/45ZR17 Yokohama AVS S4's, Carbed, Naturally Aspirated, and Nasty!
red82gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: