MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-10-2003, 12:01 PM   #1
High Plains
Registered Member

Smile Eibach Pro-Kit raises rear-end?????

Or, how to give your GT the Starsky & Hutch look!

Step 1: Go to your local Ford dealer and order an FRPP kit that is supposed to lower your vehicle 1 1/2" front & 1" in the rear (its actually an Eibach Pro-Kit).

Step 2: Have kit professionally installed by professional mechanic (and yes, he did everything right)

Step 3: Front of GT comes out just over 1 1/2 " lower while rear is 1/4" over stock height. (leaves entire team of mechanics scratching their heads)

Step 4: Have the dealerships Parts Manager call both FRPP and Eibach to try to resolve the problem... wait 2 days while FRPP and Eibach point the finger at each other saying its not their problem!

Step 5: Find out that nobody is really sure whether you inadvertantly got rear coils that should be in a convertible kit or maybe an F-150 4x4 (Ford say convertible, Eibach says good to go for coupe).

Step 6: Sit for days in frustration!

How to un-do above procedure;

Step 1: Have a mechanic who stays late so he can triple cross-check rear coils with 2 other vehicles with identical kits intsalled. Kevin if you read this... your awesome!

Step 2: Have a Parts Manager who has a heart the size of Texas and volunteers to swap out his rear coils for yours so you can get your stang back on the road. Phil your the best!

Bottom line...

FRPP, pull your collective heads out!

Eibach... look for my ride at the 15th Annual Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup, where amongst the 100s of beautiful stangs you will easily be able to spot mine... just look for the "Eibach sucks" stickers prominently displayed on my quarter windows.

There, now I feel much better

Jimi G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mouser-1.jpg (51.3 KB, 55 views)
02' Mineral Gray Premium GT 5 Speed Coupe, K&N, Bullitt Exhaust, 3.73 gears, Cobra sway bars, Tokico shocks, Eibach Pro-kit, Diablo Sport Chip, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, SVO Diff cover, Bullitt interior trim.
High Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 08:56 AM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

HEY MAN! What's wrong with the Starsky and Hutch look anyway?

Wow what an ordeal, lucky you have a goood service team.

Just think the Starsky and Hutch look used to be way cool! All my Camaros had it
Old 05-24-2003, 09:44 AM   #3
High Plains
Registered Member

Default Update

Well, my parts manager informed me that the Eibach Pro-Kit sold thru FRPP indeed have the wrong rear springs. 8 coils vs. 7. When he ordered the kit from an Eibach distributor, it came with the correct rear springs. FRPP still refuses to acknowledge that there is a problem, so if you plan on purchasing this kit, I don't recommend you order it thru Ford.

Jimi G
02' Mineral Gray Premium GT 5 Speed Coupe, K&N, Bullitt Exhaust, 3.73 gears, Cobra sway bars, Tokico shocks, Eibach Pro-kit, Diablo Sport Chip, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, SVO Diff cover, Bullitt interior trim.
High Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 09:10 AM   #4
RDS02Stang
Registered Member

Question

Thanks for the tip on counting the coils.

I just bought Eibach (Pro-Kit) and have yet to install them - that is why I was surfing this thread. I am wanting to do it myself and was wondering if anyone has done the installation themselves.

Glad you got it all worked out
RDS02Stang is offline   Reply With Quote