MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-24-2000, 05:53 PM   #1
drudis

Talking

Cheap rollbar... Maximum has a decent bolt-in one.
I went the the S&W kit, then made a LOT of changes. There are lots of install photos on my homepage.

------------------
Darius Rudis
Roadracer: Home built t-arm/panhard suspension powered by an S-trimmed motor :-)
My Mustang Page
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2000, 07:37 PM   #2
shawn p
Registered Member

Post fast corners?

Is there anyone who enjoys going around corners fast anymore? Nothing against drag racing, but I find corners more fun then a straight line.

------------------
1970 Mach 1 351C
shawn p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2000, 08:15 AM   #3
imouer

Talking

I live for it! I snake down winding country roads with tight corners at insane speeds every day. Would not want to try it in an old Fox though, not for all the subframe conectors in the world. Thats probebly why nobody post here, thats what most of these guys have.

------------------
94 Convertable 5.0, K&N, Flow Masters/CAT backs, Power Slot brakes, Under Drives, B&M Shift+, Xeon lights
Old 08-17-2000, 08:46 AM   #4
turbolx
Registered Member

Red face

/me smacks imouer silly with a fox body stang that handles on rails

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout? I gots me darned gooooood handling fox...

Anyone seen Darius' car, too?

------------------
Greg Banish
President, Detroit Speedworks
'93 LX
Incons, Baers, Torque Arm, Stereo
'00 Bad-Ass F150
turbolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2000, 04:23 PM   #5
Skankin
Registered Member

OOOOeeee... easy on the fox3. The SN95 is just a fox4... but then, I guess you have a full roll cage etc in that convertible...

(hats off to your spindles and wheels though)
Skankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2000, 01:06 AM   #6
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Corners are good.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2000, 05:58 PM   #7
imouer

Wink

Sorry, I didnt mean to sound so harsh on the box, OPPS I MEANT FOX I am parshall to the retro sytling of the sn95. I wish I did have a cage. Its on my wish list

------------------
94 Convertable 5.0, K&N, Flow Masters/CAT backs, Power Slot brakes, Under Drives, B&M Shift+, Xeon lights
Old 08-18-2000, 10:47 PM   #8
shawn p
Registered Member

Try it in a 70 fast back but I do plan on upgrading the suspension and see if I can try and run with the newer mustangs

------------------
1970 Mach 1 351C
shawn p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2000, 09:35 AM   #9
whsjr
Registered Member

Question

imouer
just wondering, what roll cage would you buy?

------------------
'96 Mystic Cobra, K&N, 4.10 Gears Steeda Tri-Ax
Antio's custon subframe connectors. HPMegabyet Jrs./ Castor Camber Plates and Panhard Bar
whsjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2000, 08:48 PM   #10
88GTpony
Registered Member

Smile

OH YES I LOVE CORNERS!!!! my friends get a little upset when i start hitting the corners. Handling can make all the diffrence when your on the streets. if you can take the corners 20 mph faster than your buddys, they certainly aint gonna be the first to see the "checkered flag"
88GTpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2000, 06:29 PM   #11
Danielz9
Registered Member

I think imouer hit the nail on the head here. Mustangs just don't handle the curves very well without big money and upgrades. I guess thats why just about every stang ive looked at has had front end damage at one time or another. Ive skidded mine off the road 2x and my cousin took out some couples pretty white picket fence with his. But hop in an 84 up vette and youre ready to go without any mods needed.

------------------
92 lx 5.0 5speed bbk longtubes,filter, frame connectors
69 & 71 ss396 4 speed camaros
Danielz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2000, 10:27 PM   #12
crazy91
Registered Member

I have just been out to my first autocross and found it to be great. It lasted alot longer than 12 seconds too. I am running a 91lx w/17" wheels, subs, and roll cage and came in 6th. Iam goning to keep building for next year and race more. how everyone keeps the corner cutting going. P.S. on a autocross vettes don't do much better than stangs, neons,etc..

------------------
91lx 99 cobra svt wheels factory 5 racing uppers/ lowers
crazy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2000, 05:23 AM   #13
imouer

WHSJR.........The Cheapest roll cage I could find! LOL, I would like to put a 4 point in the back seat but its low on my list (it should prob be high)

------------------
Old 08-22-2000, 09:20 AM   #14
88GTpony
Registered Member

in response to danielz9's posting. i agree, vettes handle a hell of alot better than mustangs.....but once you bring the price into the big picture. your almost better off getting the mustang, and modifying the ever living piss out of it
88GTpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2000, 04:18 AM   #15
AxemanZZ
Registered Member

Corners on a racetrack?? Man who would have thought. Everyone here boasts 1/4 mile times and such but you never see anyone with a quarter or half mile oval time slip. Yeah I love taking the curvy roads to work, and I've scared the hell out of everyone who has been in the passenger seat while doing so. I don't think I would have too many problems keeping up with a Vette through the corners either. As 88GTPony stated, if you take price into consideration I am still a long way from the price of a Vette considering I only paid $4000 for the Stang and have $1000 worth of suspension upgrades. It's far from finished but it's getting closer.

Oh yeah BTW imouer. I bet I could make you wish you had a brake on the passenger side of my old fox body if you went through some corners with me =)

------------------
90 Mustang LX 5.0 with a few free modifications thanks to all the fine ppl here at MustangWorks.
K&N, Taylor Spiro Pros, FMS "C" springs, Koni Yellow shocks, Kenny Brown Chassis support kit. Kenny Brown Tackit Plus coming soon.

[This message has been edited by AxemanZZ (edited 08-24-2000).]
AxemanZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2000, 12:52 PM   #16
89LX convt
Registered Member

Smile

On yea, love is the corners and autocrossing a little. Just making my sprin-shock/strut descion now.
Leaning toward Illumina adjustables and H&R springs with new urethan bushing too.

Mamixmum Motorsports has nice picture of a roll bar in a convettible at their site http://www.maximummotorsports.com/index.htm and Kenny Brown make good looking piece too.

------------------
1 1/2 Flowtechs w/stage8 bolts,73mm C&L ,Dynomax catback,Race crank,K&N w/shield, 190lph pump,FMS wires & hoses, MSD Blaster coil w/Acell cap,KBrown Chassis Kit,Urethane bushings & endlinks,Powerslot rotors w/Hawk pads , steel lines & sleeves, 86SVO M/C & Calipers , 17x9 Corba's ,245/45r17 Sumitomos II's,2 inch cowl hood, 93 convt special edition wing
89LX convt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2000, 11:02 AM   #17
stang5ohlx
Registered Member

Cool

Corners are the way to go. I bought my mustang so that I could take corners fast, not drive fast and straight. There's nothing like being able to got through a corner posted at 35 at 75-80 mph, or taking a set of S's posted at 40 at 70, and not have to fight to keep the car out of the grass! I've lowered mine with Eibach progressive rated springs, and have -1.8 degrees of camber on the front end. Now to add some new struts, and a new rack-and-pinion (15:1) and she'll really turn the corners.

------------------
91 LX Hatchback, Ported, polished, E303, hydraulic roller rockers, underdrive pullies, dual chamber flowmasters, Eibach lowering springs.
stang5ohlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2000, 11:03 AM   #18
stang5ohlx
Registered Member

Cool

Corners are the way to go. I bought my mustang so that I could take corners fast, not drive fast and straight. There's nothing like being able to got through a corner posted at 35 at 75-80 mph, or taking a set of S's posted at 40 at 70, and not have to fight to keep the car out of the grass! I've lowered mine with Eibach progressive rated springs, and have -1.8 degrees of camber on the front end. Now to add some new struts, and a new rack-and-pinion (15:1) and she'll really turn the corners.

Also, imouer, I'm currently in Norfolk, but lived in upstate NY, there's a place in PA that does 4 pt cages pretty reasonably, I don't have one yet, but am looking to get one, will try to find out where in PA the place is.

------------------
91 LX Hatchback, Ported, polished, E303, hydraulic roller rockers, underdrive pullies, dual chamber flowmasters, Eibach lowering springs.
Old 09-05-2000, 02:39 PM   #19
stang5ohlx
Registered Member

Cool

Taking corners fast is the reason I bought my 91 LX. My brother got me hooked on the SCCA Solo II AutoX. I've found that I can incorporate what I've learned on the track ie how fast I can take a corner and still have the rear-end behind me rather than beside me, and it tends to cause less problems than launching at a green light in terms of police.