MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-01-2006, 02:02 PM   #1
drudis

Default GingerMan Raceway 09/23/2006 videos

Video of the race weekend 4:56minutes and 20Meg. Standing on Rehagen motorhome in turn#1. Thanks Rehagen.
http://www.dariusrudis.com/videos/20...V8SS_movie.wmv

Bummer I didnt have the CF card in the camera for race#2. Shooting photos... realized no film! Would have had awesome photos of the start...

Had a great time opentracking with SCMC club. Weather was drizzly/rainy all weekend, but track dried up enough to salvage a decent weekend.
Had a worn tire showing threads on left rear (looped it coming outta 3), so I put tire on right-rear (looped it again in #6). DOH! Never left the track, just pointed backwards, and got to watch people laugh/waive as they went by.

44seconds 6Meg, enjoy…
http://www.dariusrudis.com/videos/20...spin_movie.wmv

(I ran out of tape, so I dont hae any in-car camera footage).

Pitted right next door to Darkhorse Racing, with the "old school boys" from SAAC-MotorCityRegion (1986, 1989, 1990, 1991 Mustangs). Sleeping in the truck (cheap b*stard) got a wee bit chilly saturday night as it went into the 40's 'F with rain.

Favorite quote of weekend was Cindy commenting about Cliff's driving: Cliff, you were going really fast... right up until the point where everyone else turned!!! Cliff went off DEEEEP into the sand on #3. Probably got that on video too, as I was right behind him. Have to digitize that too, so I can share...

Cliff, thanks for the hospitality and the Kentucky Moonshine, all 3 mason jars worth!
http://www.dariusrudis.com

Last edited by drudis; 10-01-2006 at 09:43 PM..
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:10 AM   #2
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Re: GingerMan Raceway 09/23/2006 videos

Sounds like you had a good weekend. I would say that autocross is the best type of racing to watch, and I would imagine to actually do. Definately better than NASCAR, that crap sucks, cool cars though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: