MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-08-2001, 11:27 PM   #1
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Post Griggs in....

That was the biggest PITA! It was worse then the headers. Geez. Bassani X-pipe and a Dyno-Max cat back. Both very much in the way. Ended up cutting about 1.5" off the tailpipes to get them to clear the PHR. Then the TA... Griggs told me I would have to "dimple" the pipe, but when I lined it up, with the pipe as low as it would go and the cross member flush on the floor pan, "dimpling" would have been about an 1.0"s...

We ended up dimpling the pipe a little, and the cross member some more. That got it in, but the X-pipes is right. I had to leave off one the mounts by the tranny. Fortantly I have a friend that works in a shop that has offered to do some after hours work for free, well for a tab later on. So we'll see if we can't whip something up. That and I have a bad cat that needs to be replaced.

But ANYWAY, the car handles great! Especially on corner exits. The head ache was worthwhile.

Its interesting to note that the 350 lb/inch springs seem very soft, much softer then the 278s I was using before. Says a lot about bind in stock style suspensions, or the lack their of in the Griggs.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2001, 11:03 AM   #2
drudis

Good for you on the install. Lemme see some photos (post your website) of finished porject.
I am currently working on the "other end" Griggs FRONT suspension... http://members.mustangworks.com/drudis/mustang/griggs/

------------------
Darius Rudis
Roadracer: Home built t-arm/panhard suspension powered by an S-trimmed motor :-)
My Mustang Page
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2001, 01:32 AM   #3
97snakedriver
Registered Member

I have photos that will hopefully be up tomorrow. The PHR mount pix didn't turn out, but the "I have jack for clearence" pictures turned out fine. I'll post them hopefully tomorrow, along with "this is what an 87 Chevy van @ 40 mph does to the back end of a Cobra" pix that just happened to be on the roll from a year ago.
Old 02-12-2001, 12:58 AM   #4
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Pix:
http://www.geocities.com/smenk_99/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: