MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-21-2002, 11:13 PM   #1
RedTwilight
Registered Member

Question Griggs Racing or Maximum Motorsports

I just wanted some peoples opinions on the suspension components of these two companies. I plan on building my Cobra to handle the twisties (not to mention I live only 30 mins. from VIR).
I wanna switch over to coil overs at all four corners (as well as other major suspension mods) and want to find out which one I should go with.

Thanx for your input.

P.S.- there is also a shop that does Griggs suspension installation about 1hr &1/2 away.

'96 Cobra LazerRed (RedTwilight-Zero)
Removed air silencer
K&n air filter
BBK o/r H-pipe
MAC 2.5" Flowpath catback
MSD 8.5mm super conducter ignition wires
Centerforce clutch assembly
Steeda Tri-ax shifter

'93 silver 5.0 LX coupe

'86 5.0 LX
RedTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 08:08 AM   #2
drudis

Personally I just like the Griggs stuff. I like their support, and I like that most of the guys (locally) that have aftermarket suspensions use Griggs. So you can ask for assistance.
Lately, MM has been really comming on strong and offering nice equipment.

I would pick the one that most local racers have, so they can help you tune your car to its true potential.
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 03:20 PM   #3
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I have done some similar research, and have found that most people really into cornering have good things to say about both companies, and have yet to hear a complaint about either. I am with Darius on this one tho. Griggs seems to be the most popular. But on the other hand, Maximum is a little cheaper (cost wise). I'd bet you could flip a coin and be just as happy either way.

But from another point of view: I've talked to Grigg's technicians on the phone numerous times and it's like talking to an old Mustang buddy. Really cool people over there. Maximum seems to be a little too "Hollywoodish" for me.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 03:46 PM   #4
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Oh yeah, Darius...
I'm going to have to come up to Michigan some time and see if I can get you to take me around a track once. I don't have my car together yet and I'm really curious how yours handles. I was wondering where you got the plans for the torque arm and panhard bar?
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 09-03-2002, 08:29 AM   #5
drudis

"...got the plans..."

I actually used the Mustang Performance Handbook - II. THen I looked at the genuine Griggs piece. I combined a little of both, and came up with my own design.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:24 AM   #6
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

That's what I figured. You did a good job man.

Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 09-04-2002, 09:15 AM   #7
drudis

Come up to www.saac-mcr.com opentrack event October 6th.
Or meet me at Road America in Wisconsin this weekend...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: