MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
Narshadda
Registered Member

Default Heel to Toe on 04 GT?

Anyone mastered this on these bad boys?

It seems like the accellerator pedal is to short. I already brought the accellerator pedal to being almost even with the brake pedal but it is impossible to get my heel over when braking. I have also added the steeda chrome pedal covers.

Does anyone know of any pedal extensions or anything like that to aid with this?
Narshadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:57 AM   #2
drudis

Default Re: Heel to Toe on 04 GT?

You might be able to bend the gas pedal, to be more in line with your brake pedal. Just make sure if you raise it, that you limit the travel.
i.e. If you raise it +10%, then limit travel -10%, otherwise you'll go 110% throttle, and possible hurt/bend something.

For me, personally, I have the brake at threshold even with the gas pedal. I also only use the ball of my 13D foot (bigtoe & pinkie) to hit both pedals. So I only roll the ankle side to side to hit both pedals (heel/toe).
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #3
Narshadda
Registered Member

I guess it is me then. My 12D doesn't quite make it to both.
I am probably going to end up modifying a "ricer" pedal. They seem to be wider. At least, that was the case with my Eclipse, the pedal covers had a little extension that made it come out just under the brake and made life a lot easier...
Narshadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:13 AM   #4
sab123
Registered Member

I haven't driven this particular type of car but on all the cars I've practiced heel-and-toe ('87 Mustang, '93 Camaro, Mazda-323, Volvo) you don't actually use the heel. You press the brake pedal with the left side of the toe, and press the gas pedal with the right side of the foot, holding the foot half-sideways (toe turned to the left). I think the only way to use the heel is on the cars where the gas pedal is mounted from the bottom, not from the top (formula cars and such).

The height difference between the gas and brake pedal is by design. When you're heel-and-toe-ing, you're normally hard on the brakes, and at this point the pedals would have about the same height.
sab123 is offline   Reply With Quote