View Single Post
Old 06-06-2002, 11:33 PM   #1
SkadonyaCA
Registered Member

Default Help! Clunking noise in my rearend after I lowered the car!

Hi all, I just lowered my 1992 Mustang GT with the ford racing kit, but now I have this nasty clunking sound in my rearend, drivers side... The guys at discount tire think I need a different bump stop. They said the kit should have had one with it. Well mine didn't, other wise I would had installed it too! Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, if you think that a different bump stop would help, etc... Any advice is more than welcome. I also installed new shocks and struts. Everything is extremely tight, got in there with an air gun and tightened the hell out of it... The guys said that my car is basically riding on the frame. Anyway, please help! Also if you know where and what size bump stop that would be great! I'm ready to try anything!
Ford racing springs; KYB gas adjust shocks/struts; Intake (undecided); Approx. 12 degree timing; GT-40 P heads (ported); GT-40 P headers (ported); Cobra Rockers; 65 mm Throttle body; EGR spacer; 80 mm Lightning MAF; 3.55 Ford Racing Gears; CustomChip; B&M high stall torque converter; tranny cooler; fuel pressure regulator and gauge; 175 Amp Alternator; 2000 watt Audiobahn/panasonic soundsystem; CD w/Changer, 2 - 10" Aluminum Subs; audiobahn 1 farad capacitor; Dual Cut-outs just past the primary Cats; MAC cold air induction; Reverse Indiglo guages; 9mm Wires; Window tint; underdrive pulleys
_ ___________________ _
2001 Silver GT Convert. Automatic Black top
SkadonyaCA is offline   Reply With Quote