MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-26-2003, 12:49 PM   #1
jeffnichols
Registered Member

Default Help! I have a ton of questions.

Ok this is my problem. I just bought a 1991 ford mustang GT 5.0. I bought it for $200.00 couse the previous owner cracked a head and did not have the money to repair the problem. So the stang has been sitting for about 3 years with the heads and the upper/lower intake off exposing baer metal to the elements. Well visualy the block looks fine, very little rust, and just needs to be heat diped to clean it. OK now for my problem. This is what I am wanting to do to the stang. I am going to remove the rest of the block and strip it down. Then I am going to take it to get cleaned and tested for stress cracks and surface warpage. I want to see if I can save this block. After all that is done this is what I want to do to it. I want to build the stang to be street legal in california but still build it for exciting track racing. I want to leave the body alone for the most part. I am going to install a saleen spoiler and a 1.5" ram air hood both from Cervini's, I might have a rear free air bumper cover installed as well, that is it for the out side. The interor is mostly stock with two racing seats and white faced guages. Now for the power house. THIS IS THE BIG REASON I AM POSTING THIS MESSAGE! I am torn between supercharged or natural asperation. I will need to still smog the engine in california but I want to squeze the horses out of this engine with longevity for everyday street driving, but still keep up on the track, not strip. I have a aod trans that the guy i bought the stang from states it is police intercepter trans. So my question is What main bearings, crank, pistons, rods and so on should I go with if I want to add a trick flow efi track heat 1,500-6.500 rpm intake manifold with trick flow twisted wedge aluminum heads( with or with out "O-RING"?) I need to know what cam I should go with what supercharger to go with or not to go supercharged. What injector I will need to go with what fuel rail what everything i should go with. if you have any feed back eather post it here or e-mail me at Aratsniper@yahoo.com. please help me everyone that I have asked so far has confused me even more, thanx jeff nichols
jeffnichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 01:00 PM   #2
drudis

Whew! Relax, and ask only 17 questions per post....

IF the motor rotates, its probably salvagable.

THe body parts and paint, thats just for show....

The supercharger or n/a is up to you. I did the S-trim on a stock block and loved it. My friends added the entire Motorsport catalog to their motors, and we made the same hp... As for emissions, I am not sure on what is allowed in CA.

For a suspension, make a plan and execute it. Look WAAAAY back in this forum. I posted some basic to advanced mods.
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: