MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-13-2000, 01:18 AM   #1
SKYWLKR
Registered Member

Cool Hows this sound

I like running auto-x's but its really time to upgradethe suspension.here's what I have and what I want to get.I also want to take it to TWS this spring.

Mods:
93' Cobra rims w/245/45/17 GS-C's
Factory Five upper & lower rear control arms
Rear disc setup from 88' Thunderbird TurboCoupe
Ford Motorsport heavy duty 73mm front calipers w/PF Z-pads
BBK stainless caliper guide sleeves
Earls braided stainless brake lines
Urethane bushings : sway bar mounts,sway bar end links,rack mounts
Kenny Brown chassis support kit

I have Monroe formula GP's on the back now and have a pair of struts sitting in my closet I would like to use them

I would like to get a set of coil overs for the front with 300lbs rate springs.Would this be a good rate for the GP's?and how does the coil over rate's compare with the standared sping rate's?I whant something to compare with around the FMS C-springs rate.

I would like to use the stock rear springs and get some Kenny Brown Anti squat Brackets
for the rear.

How does my brake setup sound?

Is there any thing I should change or add?

Also what Class do I fit under?I run in ESP now but I dont think I really fit there.

well I guess It may sound more like rambling than questions but I will try to clarify if anyoneask's.Thanks.

------------------
http://members.aol.com/jeauxmoe/index.html 5.0 lx,performer heads, GT-40 intake,JBA headers,stock cam and TB to name a few 12.6@110.2 w/a 1.85 60ft
SKYWLKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2000, 03:25 PM   #2
autoX
Registered Member

I was a little confused on whether you were saying that you would like to make those mods or if you already had them. I checked out your website and figured that one out on my own! :-) BTW - nice car. As far as coil-overs for your GPs - I didn't know you could make a regular strut into a coilover... I thought you have to buy a coil-over kit which would include the struts. As far as your brake set-up goes, it sounds pretty good. Are you wanting to upgrade it even more? Perhaps to Cobra brakes with the 13" rotors. Only thing with that is I think you have to get 5 lug wheels, so I doubt you would want to do that... Just get some good Hawk brake pads and call it good... Especially since you already have rear disc brakes...
About the class you run in - subframe connecters put you in the Prepared class. I know I have them and I have to run in the CP class in Solo II.
Only think I can think for you to add to your system is a Panhard bar. If you are going to buy the Kenny Brown Track-kit brakets, you might as well spend the $300 extra and get the whole panhard bar. That is on my wish list too... Also, I assume you already have 3:55 gears. By the look at your 60 ft times, I would figure you do... Hope my rambling reply helps your rambling questions! ;-)

------------------
Red '90 GT Kenny Brown Springs & Subs, KYBs, FFR Upper & Lower Control arms, K&N, Cervini 2 1/2 cowl, & Polished ROH ZR6 wheels...
autoX is offline   Reply With Quote