MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-24-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
Black_03_Mustang_Gt
Mustang's Rule Camaro's SUCK

Exclamation I Have an 03 Mustang Gt and Need to beat a 02 Camaro W/LS1 Please Help

Hello i just need anyones help. I have a friend who is all about Camaro's. I am all for Mustangs. I have an "Black 2003 Mustang GT" I just got it but before i got the car all i heard was OOO I saw this camaro beat this mustang. What i notices it was always a 5 or 6 speed fixed up camaro against a Stock Mustang Gt automatic. Well no wonder the camaro won. I guess That there Camaro's SUCK so bad they have to race unfairly and then brag about it because that is all they can do. I heard This over and over. I am getting tired of it. I just want to know how to fix my car up so that i can beat any wanna be Bad A$$ with there puss Camaro.

I have a Stock 5 speed 03 Mustang Gt and need to beat a 2002 Camaro with an LS1 & Racing Air Filter.

I need to know what i can put into my Mustang to where i can have a automatic Win. With no chance of losing unless i mess up.

Please help me out i have got to prove him wrong.
Mustangs all the way baby.
Black_03_Mustang_Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Default Re: I Have an 03 Mustang Gt and Need to beat a 02 Camaro W/LS1 Please Help

Unfortunately you're going to need a lot of help on this one. With equal drivers stock vs. stock an LS1 is going to beat a GT every time. They're not that great out of the hole but they have a ton of top end and are capable of running very low 13s stock vs. high-13s low-14s stock for your GT. When I used to race them with my '00 GT when it was stock I could beat them to 60 sometimes if I got a good launch but they would pass me before the end of the 1/4.

The only 'sure' way to beat one is with sticky tires and a power adder like nitrous or a supercharger. If you went the bolt-on route you need just about every bolt-on plus cams, a tune, gears and tires.

Also, when you race him do it on the track.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
HoodStrype
Rearview Mirror Haze

Default Re: I Have an 03 Mustang Gt and Need to beat a 02 Camaro W/LS1 Please Help

Yep... you're not gonna like my answer either my friend. Those darn LS1's are ruff and tuff! I don't think anything short of a cam/intake/head swap will do it. Power adder is the best idea. If you want to own him buy a 04 Cobra or a Lightning.

...the epitome of Murphy's Law
HoodStrype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 02:31 PM   #4
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Nitrous or supercharger would be the easiest way

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote