MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-26-2003, 01:43 AM   #1
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Cool I Love My 5.7L Coverstion Butt I am Building

I am Building Up a 2000 3.8L V-6 5 Speed Secratary Special

I Love the Big 5.7 I have had Years Of fun with it But the years Noise and the vibration Comming from having a rag Top Drag Car have worn Me thin. So I am Giving it to My son when he Graduates Buds Dont Tell Him K .

This Little V-6 Hard Top Notch Back Packs a Puntch, From the Stats she has Like 190 Colts Under this Ponys Hood? She corners Like a mare in the Kentucky Derby Hardly any Noise and Feels So good Just to Drive......

I am Really Looking to make this a sports mare So any Input would be so Much apriciated She is On her Bone stock 15" rims and Has No Mods at all. So Its a Clean sheet

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:14 AM   #2
GTJules99
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Your son is gonna flip! My little brother would love for you to be his mom.

Hope everything goes well with the upgrades. I'm new to the modifying of my 99 so I don't have a whole lot of info for ya; just some support!

Jules
Old 02-26-2003, 09:48 AM   #3
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GTJules99
Your son is gonna flip! My little brother would love for you to be his mom.

Hope everything goes well with the upgrades. I'm new to the modifying of my 99 so I don't have a whole lot of info for ya; just some support!

Jules
I really Dont Know about Flip
He is a Graduate Of the Naval academy with a degree In engineering I was going to give it to him then But He decided to go to Buds. So when He Finishes I will Be there at his Graduation with a Big *** Pink Bow on it . Nothing to Boost a sailors Confidence then a Pink ribbon On his Horse

My Daughter Is Going to the University Of Louisville she is Majoring In Nursing and when she Graduates She Will Have "GHOST".

That Leaves Me with the 2000 V-6 and My Jeep Cherokee for winter and a Secratary special I just bought Its a Zona No Rusta Just out of Luck, I just wanted a Mustang Made In July Of 1966 Im so Old Sob She is My project car I Guess I just cant do without My Mares Needing Me. Once they get To the Point there perfect I start working on another

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Old 02-27-2003, 11:49 PM   #4
The Deuce
Registered Member

It's a 2000?

Throw some Bullitts on there and she'll handle even better. There are more mods for the 6's everyday. I can't think of any links right now, but I'll find some and let you know.

How radical do you want to get?

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 12:02 AM   #5
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
It's a 2000?

Throw some Bullitts on there and she'll handle even better. There are more mods for the 6's everyday. I can't think of any links right now, but I'll find some and let you know.

How radical do you want to get?
Bullets????

I Put a 6psi Powerdyne Super charger that was ment for the 5.0 On It this is as far as I want to go with the engine now I want to get it dialed in to Handle like a Porsche

Old 02-28-2003, 12:58 AM   #6
The Deuce
Registered Member

The 17x8 rims off the deluxe gt. They were first on the bullitt cars in 2001. The American Racing torque thrust II style rims.

If you want to handle, get some big sway bars, strut brace and koni externally adjustables with a little more agressive spring. Subframce connectors are nice too.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 07:20 AM   #7
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
The 17x8 rims off the deluxe gt. They were first on the bullitt cars in 2001. The American Racing torque thrust II style rims.

If you want to handle, get some big sway bars, strut brace and koni externally adjustables with a little more agressive spring. Subframce connectors are nice too.
Ok Bullets are the Very dark Grey and very sharp rims?

In 17x8 with 245x17 ZR rubber? I Found Copy cats Of this

As far as the rest of the parts I am Going to start asking questions here at the Blue Grass Pony show about what companys they like why etc but everything you said is very much what I needed.

Thank you
Jeny

Old 03-01-2003, 05:21 PM   #8
drudis

Speaking from experience, I disagree with some of the suggestions...

I would FIRST do subframes. You'd be surprised as to how much the car flexes and moves (not the suspension).
Then do "sport" springs. Every company makes them Steed,Saleen,BBK, H&R,... I personally recommend the H&R and Eibach of which both are high quality and wont have to deal with the car leaning to one side or sagging after time...
K-braces are ok, but dont really do that much, at least not with stock street tires.
Performance shocks are nice (and a wee bit of investment), but money well spent. Get Bilsteins or Tokikos, NOT Konis, as they are too much for a street car.
Then tires, tires, tires! Nothing is as important as tires. The problem is that the better and more expensive the tire, the faster they wear (srot'a). It costs to play, how much can you afford to play.

Get that far then stop. Beyond this point it gets "exotic" and you are going to talk to companies like Maximum Motorsport or Griggs, or even the Steed 5-link a buddy of mine developed.

Check out my homepage to see what I have done...
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote