View Single Post
Old 08-31-2000, 08:30 AM   #7
Skankin
Registered Member

I'm always diss'n the stock UCA's cause of their high roll centre and aweful brake jacking... but as I said, there isn't a cheap fix.

Now I'm thinking that the high roll centre really isn't a huge problem for a street car (especially if the front will handle the roll).

So I'm really considering the IPS sport front, and some WMS control arms for the rear (the anti-squat brackets reduce brake jacking as well). The control arms will allow me to remove the quad shocks, so it should articulate quite freely (with the spherical bearing as well). A panhard won't be necessary, but will still be an option if I get more serious in the future.

$600 on the front, $335 on the rear... not too costly, and probably better than 98% of the stangs on the road.

But, I've already got the WMS subs, MM chassis brace and urethane bushings up front...

I've also got the FMS-B springs (430-530fronts, 200-300rears) which will do for now, but I may eventually go for something a little stiffer.

The 400 & 160 springs are more suited to the drag strip (they're slightly lighter than stock!).

So I think that'll be this winter's project... after that it'll be wheel's and tires (possibly brakes if I go the SN95 route).
Skankin is offline   Reply With Quote