MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-03-2003, 09:29 AM   #1
RDS02Stang
Registered Member

Question Installing Springs

I have the following to install on my car:
1) Strut Tower Brace.
2) 4 point Lower Chassis Support.
3) Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
4) Caster/Camber set

I am wanting to do this all at once (well, over a few day period ) but I need tips on the installation part for the springs.

I have the shop manual for my year car (2002 GT Convertible) and of course they discuss using lifts and tranny jacks to lower the suspension. I know this can be done at home (I will get the car re-aligned at the Goodyear store clse to me so I am not worried about that).

Is there anyone that has done this to a like year/make of car and if so what tips could you provide.

Thanks - I appreciate your time.
2002 GT Convertible Premium - Laser Red with White top and interior. Mods: BBK CAI, 1/2" Throttle body spacer, BBK High-Flow Cats w/ X-Pipe, FlowMasters, Kenny Brown Performance Extreme Sub-System, Strut-Tower brace, Lower Chassis Support, Eibach Pro-Kit springs and some Bling-Bling
RDS02Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 11:11 AM   #2
GodStang
College Stanger

I went by this when I put my H&R springs on

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...edaspring1.htm

It worked out great!!
Old 06-06-2003, 02:55 PM   #3
RDS02Stang
Registered Member

Talking

WOW - Thank you for the link

Reading this material, coupled with the supplied pictures and what little I already knew has really helped solidify what I will be doing.

I certainly appreciate your time and information - Thank you

Any other tips are more than welcomed - I will be doing this in the next few weeks so more brain food the better

Once again - Thanks
2002 GT Convertible Premium - Laser Red with White top and interior. Mods: BBK CAI, 1/2" Throttle body spacer, BBK High-Flow Cats w/ X-Pipe, FlowMasters, Kenny Brown Performance Extreme Sub-System, Strut-Tower brace, Lower Chassis Support, Eibach Pro-Kit springs and some Bling-Bling
Old 06-11-2003, 02:28 PM   #4
GodStang
College Stanger

Make sure you set alot of time aside to do it. Took us about 8 hrs to do it. Also becareful because a compressed spring is dangrous and make sure to have big pry bars they help.

Good luck man
Old 06-11-2003, 08:12 PM   #5
johnmcgt
Registered Member

Default just did mine last weekend

My 94 just got Prokit and KYBs all around. INstall was easy, don't take all bolts off that manual indicates. Especially on rears, they should just fall out, fronts had a little more pressure but nothing a prybar and elbow grease for removal and installation can't solve.
It's good you bought the caster camber plates I found out late that I should have installed on my vehicle, well something else to do this weekend.
An impact wrench really makes the job go fast, I bought an electric one, I don't have cash for an aircompressor. You may also find deficiencies in your tools, I cracked the non-impact 21mm socket for strut to spindal bolts, had to go to store and buy impact one.
Other than that good luck.

John
Old 06-11-2003, 08:34 PM   #6
RDS02Stang
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Thanks guys

I agree, having the right tools certainly helps - I just bought a torque wrench that can handle 250lbs (SnapOn) and I already have an air compressor with impact tools and sockets.

So now I need the time

All this info is helping ease the concerns - nothings worse than to break out tools on a brand new car and mess something up

Well, I hope to get some of the work done this week and then the springs next weekend - I will post more when I have done something.

Thanks again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: