MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-14-1999, 12:39 PM   #1
cool tan
Registered Member

Question IPS QUESTIONS

HELLO,
MY NAME IS FRANK COTTONE AND I AM NOW WORKING FOR INNOVATIVE PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS. I WANTED THAT TO BE CLEAR FROM THE BEGINNING.
I INSTALLED, AS A CUSTOMER, THE IPS ULTRA SORT FRONT SUSPENSION AND GRAND SPORT REAR SUSPENSION ON MY CAR ALMOST 3 YEARS AGO. I USE MY CAR AS A DAILY DRIVER, AUTOCROSSER, OPEN TRACK CAR AND EVEN SOME DRAG RACING.
I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL SUSPENSIONS AND AS A CUSTOMER WAS NEVER HAPPIER THAN WHEN I PUT THE IPS SUSPENSION ON. THE CAR RIDES NICE AND HOOKS UP IN A STRAIGHT LINE AS WELL AS DURING CORNERING.
ANYWAY, DIDN'T WANT IT TO BE A SECRET THAT I WORK FOR IPS AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS I WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER THEM IF I CAN, IF NOT, I'M SURE COREY SHAW WILL BE HAPPY TO JOIN IN A DISCUSSION. HE'S THE ENGINEER/DESIGNER, I'M JUST THE HAPPY CUSTOMER THAT DECIDED TO HELP HIM FIELD QUESTIONS.
FRANK COTTONE

------------------
cool tan
5.0 cover car may 99
triple threat
cool tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-1999, 11:39 PM   #2
RedGTvert
Registered Member

Hey Frank, we have traded some mail before.

Corey is doing his best to make sure I have everthing for my install over holidays. Grand Sport Front. Super Sport Rear and Ultra Sport brake package.

Next time you speak with Corey ask him how he likes my Fikse wheels he has (doing brake fitment).

Off the subject, how would a Vorteched car work out in open track, worried about it getting too hot after a long time. Also being a vert what are cage needs?

Look forward to response.
RedGTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-1999, 03:04 PM   #3
cool tan
Registered Member

hey redgtvert,
the car guys events that i go to require that you have a 4 point roll bar in an open top car.
as for your other question concerning the vortech...before i s/c my car i called most of the blower companies. at that time vortech recommended that if i were to use their blower, i should intercool it...hmmm, more money. paxton said the same thing. ati already came with an intercooler but i had no a/c so i would need to get some brakets to hold the blower in place.
then i called what seems to be everyones most hated blower company, powerdyne. i told them that the car was a daily driver making about 350-360 hp nat.aspirated. i intended to open track the car a few times a year, as well as autocross and drag race. to that they replied...NO PROBLEM. i have had their 9lb setup on my car for almost 2 years now (approx. 10,000 miles) with no problems(knock on wood).
i don't know if anything has changed with the other blower companies since then, so you might want to call them.
let me know if i can help with anything else.

------------------
cool tan
5.0 cover car may 99
triple threat
Old 12-16-1999, 01:04 PM   #4
Skankin
Registered Member

I just noticed the corner carvers site today!
It's great to see this here... this site has been lacking the handling (the late model tech section is the best though)... I've had to resort to the musclestang board (moderators know a lot of tech).

Although I don't have any IPS stuff, I am a big fan. This stuff actually makes sense! Too bad I'm just a poor student ;-(

Anyway, I was wondering what the IPS parallel uppers would cost (for an 89). I think they're a better product than the torque arm, and I thought it might be cost-effective to use them with a panhard bar.

(Yes I am aware of the dynamic Shaw link, but it would be serious overkill for a poor daily driver).

------------------
Skankin

'89.5 5L LX, hatch, Medium Canyon Red, 140Km (Never seen a Canadian winter), 5sp, 3.08, GT interior, a/c, Alpine CD, Ram Air, K/N, Crane PS91, Walbro 190 LPH, March Pulleys, 180 therm, 3 core rad, Polygraphite front bushings, FMS-5300B springs, 6 KYB's, 73mm Calipers, Maximum Motorsport 4pt chassis brace, and Western Motorsport Racing's Sub-frame connectors.
http://phystutor.tripod.com/stang/index.html

Skankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-1999, 05:23 PM   #5
cool tan
Registered Member

HEY SKANKIN,
CAN'T GIVE YOU PRICING ON THE BOARD, BUT IF YOU GO TO IPSCHASSIS.COM THERE IS A SECTION THERE WITH PRICING IN IT. IF YOU CAN'T FIND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR, LEAVE AN EMAIL MESSAGE AND SOMEONE WILL RETURN WITH THE PRICE.

------------------
cool tan
5.0 cover car may 99
triple threat
Old 12-17-1999, 03:15 AM   #6
Corey Shaw
Registered Member

Cool

Oh God, another message board. I found this one from a customer. If I can be some help here let me know. I may stop by from time to time and if there is something here that needs my attention, please e-mail me and let me know. Tech questions directed at me are best answered via e-mail or on the IPS web site.

Frank is a good resource for your questions so don't be afraid to ask him about what you need to know about IPS. If he don't have the answer he will come to me for help.

Frank has also got one of the most "Billy Bad-Ass" Mustangs around not to mention one of the best handling.

On another note, Frank works his ass of with two successful tanning companies along with his car stuff. Tracy, his awesome looking sidekick, helps him out a lot and keeps him in line. They are some good people and as Mustang enthusiasts I encourage you to get to know Frank as a very good source for your tuning and handling questions.

------------------
Corey Shaw
CEO, IPS Chassis
Corey Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-1999, 11:22 AM   #7
Skankin
Registered Member

Thanks guys. I actually saw the article on the cool tan stang, and called Corey quite some time ago. I was very impressed with everything that IPS offered, and was hoping to do some serious modifications this winter.
I also keep a watchful eye on the spirited discussions on the musclestang board ;-)

Unfortunately I'm just a student though, and don't have the money to go with a complete rear end kit. I'm really just a spirited driver (ie. I've never had the opportunity to drive a real track), so the dynamic shaw link may be a little over kill (ie. the front would be severely lacking).

I do think that ditching the UCA's and going with a real lateral locator (none of this binding crap) would certainly provide me with a much more balanced car.

Anyway, I've already picked up some cobra rockers and an Al drive shaft to get this winters project started. I've got 150K Km on the old 5L now, and I imagine the valve springs are about shot... so I plan to put a new set of heads on it. The GT40P heads will certainly suit my budget, and I like their flow characteristics. They'll certainly provide the low-end streetable torque I want. I'm hoping to find an intake for a reasonable price too... so ya, this winter I'm looking for a little more power (I just did a budget suspension overhaul last winter).

------------------
Skankin

'89.5 5L LX, hatch, Medium Canyon Red, 140Km (Never seen a Canadian winter), 5sp, 3.08, GT interior, a/c, Alpine CD, Ram Air, K/N, Crane PS91, Walbro 190 LPH, March Pulleys, 180 therm, 3 core rad, Polygraphite front bushings, FMS-5300B springs, 6 KYB's, 73mm Calipers, Maximum Motorsport 4pt chassis brace, and Western Motorsport Racing's Sub-frame connectors.
http://phystutor.tripod.com/stang/index.html

Old 12-17-1999, 11:28 AM   #8
Skankin
Registered Member

Corey:

Ya, there's a number of boards out there, but I really think this is the one for serious tech (late model tech). There's a lot of good people here with a wealth of knowledge. Unfortunately it's been a little lacking in the suspension/chassis discussions, but hopefully that'll change with this new forum.

Old 12-17-1999, 02:52 PM   #9
Corey Shaw
Registered Member

I can't keep track of them all.

I posted a picture of the wheels that Rich is putting on his 99 GT. They are a work of art. www.ipschassis.com/discus look in the social section.

------------------
Corey Shaw
CEO, IPS Chassis
Corey Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-1999, 09:30 PM   #10
RedGTvert
Registered Member

Corey, those Fikse's look nice on your site, but I'll bet they will look even better once their on the vert!!!!
RedGTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-1999, 08:47 AM   #11
msbc94
Registered Member

To RedGtvert, I run a S-trim on the track with little problem. Put my lowest # pully on and set my retard "3". I did put in a Be Cool radiator, but have not had it to the track yet. On a very hot day I remove the blower belt and run on motor only. Not as fast, but I'm on the track and not overheating.

I have a Saleen suspension on my Cobra. I have a problem of tearing out the bushings, between my front sway bar and where it connects to my lomer "A" arm. I have tried every type of bushing I can get my hands on, with no luck. They only tear when I drive the wheels off the car. A track fix that we did was stacked washers to the thickness of the bushing and bolted them back up.

I would like to upgrade the rear end of my Cobra. Mods are spings ,Saleen, and Mega Bit Jr. lower control arms. I would like to add a pan hard bar and upper control arms. Any ideas would help.

msbc94 is offline   Reply With Quote