MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-19-2002, 06:49 PM   #1
LOCASH
Registered Member

Default Just tried Autocross, 1st time! Couple of ???'s

First let me tell you that I have never had so much fun with my car! It was so much fun. One of the guys on the base races Porsche's in the states with a team. It was great! I ran about 8 laps total. Lost the course the first 2 ( cones are only on the turns), but once I found it I did OK. I went from 2.20 to 2.09. The fastest car was a 1.49. It was the Porsche guy driving his modified BMW M3 with Autocross tires and all kinds of other things I can't afford. Anyway, I have some ???'s When I go around the turns my front end "plows." I noticed wear as far as the shoulder of the tire. Would a Panhard bar be a good idea or should I spend the $$ elsewhere? Here is what I have-
H rated 225's front 245's rear
BBK lowering 1.5
KYB gas adjust
MM strut bar
Steeda subframes
16" wheels
91 front brakes and spindles
rear disc
3.73's
Ratchet shifter
B&N shift kit.
Everything else is 135k stock suspension. I also didn't check the front tire air pressure but they looked ok. What should I do next? What should I be concentrating on? I know this is alot but any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-20-2002, 09:12 AM   #2
drudis

Basically you'll have to live with the plow, or start sepnding some money...

Caster/Camber plates may allow you to adjust your front tires to some SERIOUS negative camber, so when you are plowing , you'll have the contact area flat...

There is a LOT you can do, but many of these (like C/C plates) arent legal in your class...

Another thing, 225's ? Come on, get some MEAT under there
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 04:56 AM   #3
LOCASH
Registered Member

I didn't think I could fit anything larger than that under a lowered 86. Wouldn't moving up make more sidewall and more sidewall roll? This is a course that they run on base so there really are no rules or classes. We just run (beautiful, isn't it?). Do you think that there is enough adjustment on the car to get some negative camber? Here are the specs I read in the Mustang Performance book for Auto cross:
Toe: 1/4* out
Camber: 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 neg
Caster: 3* to 4* pos
What do you think? Will I need the plates? I can't wait to go back. 29 days to get ready.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: