MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-04-2001, 08:32 AM   #1
LOCASH
Registered Member

Exclamation Kenny Brown's P-hard bar w/any 2.5!!

Everyone that I have ever talked to told me that I would have to modify exhaust to use a panhard bar. I did some research and found out that Kenny Brown makes panhard bars to fit around specific brands of after market 2.5 exhaust (MAC/Flowmaster was one)!!!!! They are 379.99 w/out shipping or install though just a heads up.

------------------
86 GT T-tops, AOD, B&M shift kit and hammer shifter, ROH wheels, K&N, Timing,MAC headers, 2.5 off road H, 2.5 American Thunder, 87 spindles, rear disc,SS lines, BBK 1.5, poly bushings, Crutchfield front kick panel speakers.
LOCASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 02:22 PM   #2
turbolx
Registered Member

Arrow

I would not recommend the KB panhard, as it attaches to sheet metal in teh spare tire well instead of the opposite frame rail. This is just asking for stress cracks over time.

Take a look at the Maximum Motorsports piece, MUCH better as far as strength is concerned and should still clear most 2.5" exahust systems. It's even a little less expensive, too...

------------------
Greg Banish
President, Detroit Speedworks, Inc.
'93 LX Turbocharged Road Racer
'00 Bad-Ass F150
turbolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 03:11 PM   #3
97snakedriver
Registered Member

I agree with turbolx about the KB panhard rod. MM and Griggs have much better setups. It may take a little banging and bending, but you can fit a 2.5" exhaust around either one. Dynomax usually fits the best.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: