MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-07-2000, 07:17 PM   #1
Bad Dad
Registered Member

Cool Labor Day AX

Well went autocrossing Labor Day at Marshalltown IA go cart track, this event was held by the DMVR SCCA. Bill aka Wish and his friend Rod showed up, and bill asked if we could co-drive my car. Since we had previously talk about it, I said today would be as good as any, besides I wanted to see what a good driver could do with my car. We had also talked about the infamous understeer problem, and decided to put the Nitto DR's up front. I had just replaced my rear BFG's with Yokohama 255 45 17's last month, so I thought we should have pretty good balance. The first run I just got the feel of how it handled. It was what I was hoping for, the car had a slight amount of oversteer, that was manageable. With Nitto's all around this car will have a real good balance between the two.

Bill's turn, and unlike me He got right on it from the start, exaggerating oversteer, trough each turn, or just plain having fun. Bill ran a 73.4xx to my79.5xx, which to me seemed right, that being our spread from the previous event. His second run, He had the crowd awing and clapping, as he brought the rear sliding out in the last turn to the finish line, and powered trough to the line. He ran a flat 73 to my 77.4xx on that run, I told him he should do a 70 in his last run. Well I'm sure he would of, if He had turn off the traction control! Poor bill didn't figure out why the car was bogging until he had gone ¾'s of a lap, and he still ran a 74.xx to my 76.4xx.

All in all, it was a great day with great people, and some really great looking cars.

------------------
'99 Cobra Electric Green/Medium Parchment Assembled 04/10/99 1464 of 4040
K&N Replacement Filter, Nitto DR's, Steeda Tr-ax Shifter, March Pully's, 3.73 gears, Superchip
FIX Pre 255RWHP 264RWTQ Post 274RWHP 275RWTQ After Mods 307RWHP 304RWTQ
FRPP Shorty Headers, Bassani High Flow Cats to X-pipe, Dynomax Ultra Flow Cat Back
Steeda Variable Rate Springs, Tokico Illumina 5 position strut,Koni 2 way adjustable shocks
¼ mile 13.167 @ 106.06 with a 2.081 60'
Bad Dad is offline   Reply With Quote