MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-02-2002, 09:44 PM   #1
qhkajlog
Registered Member

Default car 1/2" lower on one side than the other

I need some pointers on this, my car a 1990 gt mustang sits lower on the drivers side by about 1/2". it was wrecked in front but was put back together decently. no apparent damage to k-member, a-arm, spindle etc...... i replaced springs with no effect. could the a-arm be bent? maybe needed replaced and was replaced with the wrong one? i was thinking the strut is blown out and needs replaced. i have troubleshot by replacing stuff before and it can be expensive so wont make that mistake again. if you guys have any ideas let me know. this is a great website for info. seems to be all kinds of experience levels. thanks
qhkajlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 10:41 PM   #2
J.R.FULLER USMC
Registered Member

I had the same problem before and I just changed the struts and shocks to Koni Yellows and I'm sitting even. If you have stock replacements get some aftermarkets..
Block: Stock 302 5.0
Heads: GT 40 w/1.72 FMS Roller Rockers
Intake: Cobra GT40 Upper & Lower BBK 75mm TB, Pro M 77mm MAF, BBK Cold Air Induction
Fuel Delivery: 190 LPH Fuel Pump, BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator, BBK Fuel Pressure Gauge, 24lb Fuel Injectors, Mustang Unlimited TEC
Transmission: Tremec TKO, FMS Aluminum Driveshaft
Rear End: 8.8 w/3.73 Gears w/Auburn Trac-Loc
Shifter: Steeda Tri-Ax w/Momo Carbon Fiber Knob
Clutch: King Cobra w/BBK Adjustable Clutch Quadrant
Pulleys: BBK Underdrive
Ignition: MSD 6A, MSD Blaster Coil, Accel Rotor, FMS 8mm Wires
Wheels: Cobra R 17x9 Zinc Washed Crossed Drilled/Slotted Rotors F/R
Tires: Nitto Extreme 555R, Front 255/45/17, Rear 285/40/17
Suspension: MM Triple-Chrome Caster/Camber Plates, Kenny Brown Sub Frame Connectors, BBK GT40 Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Sport Line Springs, Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks & Struts
Exhaust: Flowmaster 2 Chamber,Bassani X-Pipe,Bassani Equal-Length Headers Mac 3”Tail Pipes
X-Tras: Cobra White Face Gauges, Cobra steering Wheel, Cobra Front Fascia, Cobra Headlights, Cobra Aluminum Pedal Kit, APC Clear Corners, Catz HID Conversion Upgrade Kit Catz Bulbs, Catz MSX Fog Lights, CDC Lightbar Lights, CDC Sequential Tail Lights, CDC Turn Signal Mirrors, 96 Tail Lights, Compu-Star Auto Start (for 5-speed), FMS High Torque Starter.
J.R.FULLER USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 07:27 AM   #3
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

I have KYB drag struts and it doesn't help me. I have the same problem, except my car leans to the rear passenger side. My car and yous was in an accident and the frame was slightly bent. There are three ways to fix it...
1) take it to a body/frame shop and have them fix it (it will cost some money... A LOT)
2) you can put spacter plates under the springs to fix the leaning problem
3) buy a new Mustang

or you can simply live with it. I decided just to live with it, cuz I am going to twist the chasis when I drag race anyways, it's just a waste of time.
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 10:42 AM   #4
93CobraR
Registered Member

Usually if the spring ends(perches)? are facing a different directions then the car will set un even. From what I recall they need to be facing each other.
Best 60' 1.695
71 Nova SS 350, 4 spd. 4.11s, ect.....
Visit my site at:
http://www.geocities.com/cobrar93_2000/MyPage.html
93CobraR is offline   Reply With Quote