MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-25-2002, 05:12 AM   #1
Aussie Mart
Registered Member

Smile 427 4 speed fairlane & nascar Galaxie

Hi guys im from Australia This is something thats being burning in my mind for about ten years now, i just thought id see what you guys think.

Excuse the english

when i was in high school about fifteen years ago, a friend of mine at the time asked me to come over to he,s house to play.
Now this house is a block away from were im living now and always have.

Now what i saw in hes front yard,(not knowing that mutch about cars at the time But loved ford v8s) Was a mainline two door, a galaxie wagon, a fifty six f100, a 67 two door galaxie And a real interesting one, a 63 Galaxie Nascar from Your country, it had a map of the usa painted on the side with all of the tracks it had been raced at in 63 in your country. he showed me under the bonnet and it had a high riser twin carb setup, and i remember a insciption on the glovebox that said do not open windows at speeds inexess of 160 mph lol

All these cars are lined up in front of a garage, Next he showes me in the garage, saying to me that hes dad says no one is allowed in here, And what i remember is a Factory 66 or 67 two door GT 427 manual Fairlane, first thing i notice is the Bonnet inserts with 427 on them it was apsolutly mint, Red with black interior, From what ive read there rare even in your country, He showed me under the bonnet and its all factory,, now i mean this car was as new condition,

Plus in the garage were two new 427 sideoilers in plastic and one other larger Engine witch from memory had sohc written on the vave covers when he took the plastic off. these were all new

Now the strange thing is all the years i new him i never saw hes dad,, hes mum was always on drugs And all those cars out side have never moved in fifteen years, either has the fairlane or the contens of the garage, occasionly i drive past and see the nascar with trails of water rust stains down either side of the boot and think,,mate if i had these cars theyd be under cover fully restored,,but the fairlanes my main interest.

i think the dad may be in jail and so i am a bit reluctant to go to the house and ask if any of the cars might be for sale, i know once the mum was short on money for drugs and she sold the mainline for for fifty dollars(mint car as well)so who knows,theres also a bit of history with that nascar galaxie coming from and being raced in your country in the sixtys.

my main concern is the cars may be stolen so this adds a bit of stress to the sitiation, but geez its a waist,

any comments welcome

Cheers Aussie Mart,
Aussie Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 09:27 PM   #2
90'5.0 Conv
Long time member in and out

Buy them all and give mom some more crack money. That's what I'd do. Keep em in your garage if you have one. How close do they live to you? When dad got back and his cars were gone, would he be able to find you? Do you think he'll be back? IMHO, I would try to buy atleast one. There doing nothing but rotting away anyhow. Anyway, good luck on your decision.

Later, James
2 Ch Flowmasters

1/8th ET 9.04
90'5.0 Conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 11:38 PM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

snatch them up if you can, wow i would love to find cars like that. , welcome to mw, good luck.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 01:26 AM   #4
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Default Re: 427 4 speed fairlane & nascar Galaxie

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Mart
Plus in the garage were two new 427 sideoilers in plastic and one other larger Engine witch from memory had sohc written on the vave covers when he took the plastic off. these were all new
Good God !! Buy em !!! ... do what ever you've got to do to get your hands on them !!! That cammer (SOHC 427) alone is worth thousands !!!
Two or three of the cars you mentioned are every bit as rare as a Boss 429 Mustang which is going for somewhere in the neighborhood of $60,000.00 now. BUY THEM !!!!!!
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 05:28 AM   #5
Aussie Mart
Registered Member

Ill do my best guys,thanks alot for replying and i will get back to you when ive got some more news.

Cheers Aussie Mart ll
Old 10-26-2002, 07:07 AM   #6
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

the nascar ford is probably worth a small fortune, let alone the 2 engines, man you have discovered a gold mine, buy that ho some crack, lol.just kidding, but if she is that messed up get it while you can, i found a 53, or 54 - cant remeber the year right off- ford station wagon, 2- door for 800 buck's, im thinking about grabbing it up. cya.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 09:55 AM   #7
srv1
Get down.....

so Aussie, where again do you live? what street? hey, lets be friends, what do you say?

grab those fuking cars as fast as you can!!! let me give you and example, if these cars were in the states and one gearhead knew about them, 100's of more gearheads would be knocking at "mums" door! trust me, grab them! if you dont have enough money, some people on this site would probably come down there and snatch them up! good luck, and i hope you get all of them! remember, mum needs crack, Mart needs cars!
Old 10-27-2002, 03:46 AM   #8
Aussie Mart
Registered Member

LOL guys she sure is messed up, i can remember my friend intrejusing me to his mum when he invited me over and she had to pause her snorting on the Kitchen table to say hi, the house is an apsolute dump, and what im worried about is if she gets kicked out of the house example,, money probs or Whatever, the goverment will get the cars:-((,

I have a 69 four door fairlane that looks nearly exactly the same as your usa version two door(we copied your version), and ive loved the american two door fore a long time,but even a standard windsor two door is worth 15 grand here thats in ok
condition, so thats why this 427 ones got my heart pumping.

Our four door came with the cleavland witch we built here till 1982
and unfortanatly weve just stopped selling cars with the windsor this year.

Cheers AM