MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Corner Carvers Delight (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Need advice for drag racing suspension (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=47498)

89lxinwky 12-05-2005 02:35 PM

Need advice for drag racing suspension

I'm ready to spend a little money on the suspension. My goal is to get the 60' times down from my 1.9x current times. All I have is 70/30 struts up front/ 50/50 shocks in back, subframe connectors, and removed front sway bar. I have a set of wore out MT ET streets so I'll probably be getting a new set or possibly some slicks. I need opinions on brands/types of control arms. Without spending a lot of money, I was thinking about getting adjustable uppers and lowers, just so I could have the flexibility of adjustment if need be. For the money, what's some good adjustable arms? I'll also probably weld the torque boxes while I'm at it.
I'm trapping 92 in the 1/8 so I should be able to improve my 7.9x ET's easily if I could get my 60' times down from 1.9x to maybe 1.7x.
Anyway, I've spent some money on getting the horsepower, now I need to spend the money to get it to the ground. Let me know if you have any advice.
Thanks

nitrousboy 01-07-2006 01:13 AM

Re: Need advice for drag racing suspension

i would start off with some m and h tires those seemed to work good then i would bye a ajustable front end. change the 3.73 gears to 4.11 or 4.56 gears depending on what you want to do with the car. all so what are you launching at. you can get a little softer spring in the back do not make a major spring change make little ajustments at a time.

you should be 60 footing a lot better i never had good luck with mickey et streets. i would all so get a set of good heads like brodex. my jr 60 footed 1.75 and it whent 9.20 in the 1/8. at 84mph. make sure you talk to a lot of people befor you go and spend your money. all so go with a victor jr intake and you'll have a fun time racing. remeber talk to a lot of people befor bying stuff all so every car is going to react differently

84LX89GT 03-06-2006 12:56 AM

Re: Need advice for drag racing suspension

I'm in process of using 4 cyl. springs in my '85 GT and 90/10 struts no front sway bar.
I used Hoosier Drags 26x8.5-15 on my '89 GT without tire screws and it pulled the front end, so I'm a fan of hoosier. I'm going to be using some 26x8-15 M&H drag slicks on my '85 that i bought for $40 for the pair (almost new) and hopefully they work.
My '89 GT had Moroso trick springs (rode really high in the front), standard nitrogen filled rear shocks, 70/30 struts, no front sway bar and it seemed to work pretty well. It also had Granatelli jacking arms (lower) and steeda double adjustable upper control arms with welded torque boxes and those worked good.
You can buy really cheap control arms from JD's performance (www.jdsperformance.com) and they're in house control arms are made by granatelli and are good quality.