MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-10-2001, 01:50 PM   #1
leo
Registered Member

Post Best suspension for road racing?

I'm about to buy all new suspension components (shocks/struts, springs, subframes, braces). Who makes the best stuff for this application, and I'm looking for the best price too. Are kyb g2's good, they are very reasonably priced, tokicos aren't...

THanks,
Leo

------------------
1990GT 5.0 302, T-5, 3.73's, K&n Air filter, Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust, Hypertech Chip, MSD 6A Ignition, RAM Clutch, Motorsport 3 core, Offroad H-pipe.
leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2001, 03:50 PM   #2
Chris_H
Registered Member

Well I was and still am looking pretty hard at the Maximum Motorsports packages. They have 3 different set-ups depending on how serious you want to get. They offer the option of changing out parts for what you really want. Take a look at their website they should have all their packages on there.
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/

Chris
Chris_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 02:22 PM   #3
Moxie
Registered Member

I'll second that. We're a dealer for them, and their stuff is great, as well as their tech support.

------------------
Moxie Racing
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 05:47 PM   #4
Skankin
Registered Member

You should check the corner carvers section!!!

The KYB GR2's provide decent ride and handling for a modest spring rate. I'm using the FMS5300B springs (425-525 front, 200-300 rear). The budget springs were $130.

FYI: when you just use shorter springs to lower the front, you end up lowering the roll centre even more (due to the angle of the control arm). THis means you get more roll, if you don't increase spring rate (or change the geometry).

Also, the inside front tire looses grip really fast, so a high spring rate will keep it down. The FMS5300C springs (600# fronts) would be better. I feel the bumps with the urethane front LCA bushings anyway (which I highly recommend... really helps maintain alignment).

I really gotta do something with the rear (still have stock LCA's etc). I bottom out with a passenger in the rear, and the stock UCA's cause aweful binding, and rear brake jacking. I might go for the MM TA/PHB package, or look for a used IRS ;-) Not sure.

Now that I've been down the budget route... I wanna improve the front... this means geometry. I could go the K-member route, but since I'm gonna need 5 lug spindles anyway, I might go for some dropped spindles www.ajeracing.com
www.griggsracing.com has an awesome complete package... ground pounder is a bit of a cheap hack... maximum motorsports has some great stuff, but they haven't revised the front geometry yet (they're releasing a k-member soon).

Skankin is offline   Reply With Quote