MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-09-2003, 10:59 PM   #1
SoulKeeper
Registered Member

Default More mods = More H.P.

All my mods are listed below. I was wondering what injectors come factory with the 2000 GT 4.6L 2V Engines? I was looking into getting either a Pro-M or C&L 85mm or 87mm Mass Air Meter. And if so, would it have to be calibrated for my injector size? And is the 70mm T.B. I have big enough or should I go bigger? Also in the June issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords, there is an article about porting the stock 4.6 2V upper intake box and picking up 10 H.P. and 14.9 lb-ft of torque. I want it fast enough to beat the Camero's and other invites that might think I cant run with them. Gears are in works also. 3.73's are the choice of drug for that. And what about Headers? What kind and what size? I would like to get the most air flow as pissible without getting a supercharger. Any suggestions are always appricated. Thank you.
Chrome Air Induction W/ K&N Air Filter
Pulleys
SoulKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 08:14 AM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

You have 19# injectors and the MAF's are calibrated for them. The 70 mm T/B should be fine. You will most likely have to ditch the chrome air intake due to the MAF'S not working well with them. You can buy the ported Plenum for $225 or so or do it yourself. Remove the plenum and look inside. you will be amazed how rough it is inside. use a die grinder with a heavy grit"flapper" sanding wheel on it. Snad down as much as is safe. use a set of calipers to measure wall thickness as you go. finnish up with a fine sanding wheel and your done. You can also polish the outside as I did. Check my post on polishing plenum and T/B. Next up you may go with a better ignition system!

P.S. - with all the bolt on you will still only be hanging tough with the Z's the V-6"s you have no problem with. I found out, GET BLOWN or get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 05-12-2003, 03:28 PM   #3
ajcolv
Registered Member

You may also want to look into a timing adjuster and maybe some cams. If you are looking into headers, go with long tube. I've heard all others are worthless. You will need to get a shorty mid-pipe or have someone custom cut your current one.

"Lita"
97 Mustang GT Vert
--------------------------------------
k&n, air silencer removed, Magnapack cat-back, BBK o/r h-pipe, Ford red front calipers

ajcolv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 05:28 AM   #4
V8Mustang
Registered Member

Long tubes are the way to go - you will gain approx 15 HP and ft/lbs of torque. The T/A works well, and with proper tuning, you can see up to 10 HP. The C&L system will work fine with your stock injectors and even upgraded injectors if you do that at a later time. Also, you may want to consider 4.10 gears as they are about optimal for the 4.6.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:49 PM   #5
96_4.6
Registered Member

If you wanan lose gas mileage as well and run out of steam at higher speeds

-Trickflow Upper Plenum
-BBK 70mm Throttlebody
-02 PI Lower Intake
-March Pulleys
-BBK H-Pipe
-2 Chamber Flowmaster mufflers
-3000 RPM Stall
-JLT CAI with special K&N
-MSD Supercondutor wires
-180 stat
-FRPP 4:10's
*FOR SALE C&L TRUE FLOW INLET PIPE WITH K&N*
My Stang
96_4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 11:12 PM   #6
FalconGTHO
Registered Member

4.10s are fine. DONT fear the gear.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:17 AM   #7
ajcolv
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 96_4.6
On his 00 he should be fine. As we all know they breathe a bit better than the 96-98's (pre-headswap). True they aren't optimal for freeway racing, but no one seems as satisfied with the 3.73's as they are with the 4.10's. You wouldn't want to regret the decision later, and have to go through the whole process of getting 4.10's installed later on.

"Lita"
97 Mustang GT Vert
--------------------------------------
k&n, air silencer removed, Magnapack cat-back, BBK o/r h-pipe, Ford red front calipers

ajcolv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 05:24 AM   #8
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 96_4.6
My top speed went UP going from 2.73's to 3.73's. The 2.73's were so low that the car didn't have enough power to push through the air in 5th, so I was stuck in 4th and even then it was a hard climb.

With 3.73's, I can actually use 5th gear and go FASTER. But that's just been my experience.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 08:00 AM   #9
burn rubber
Registered Member

Talking

yeah don't fear the gear....I just replaced my 3.73's with 4.10's and what a world of difference in my opinion.

does anyone know where I can get a set of cams?
does anyone know where I can get a ram air kit for a 2001 cobra front bumper or if they even make one.
Steeda timing adjuster,Steeda underdrive pullies, ,steeda tri-ax 3650 shifter,24#fms injecters,bbk 70mm throttlebody,80mm maf,bassanni x pipe, Borla Side Exit exhaust, fms 4.10's, moser 31 spline axles, custom diablo chip.Steeda caster camber plates,g-trac bar,cobra r ground effects and hood,cobra r springs,ported upper intake.Comp cams #102600,fms jet hot coated shorty headers,mod max cam gears. msd 7020 Stacker 8
burn rubber is offline   Reply With Quote