MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-21-2003, 08:29 PM   #1
stang6992
Registered Member

Question is there a difference in ability to mod???

ok, right now i got a 92 4 banger as my daily driver and its just..... 4 cylinders im lookin to get a newer mustang.... i like the 99 and newer body style over the 98 and back but is there any difference in modifaction potential and price. or are they pretty similar to one another. from what i see the newer one is a little bit more but not enough to really make mutch difference. but im just getting ppls opinions on who has done both or have reference to both, everything i got is in the classics but i need something reliable and that i can run every day, unlike my 69 i got. im lookin to get a silver gt convertible in the end, what year not sure yet. just weighin options and if i go at this long enough ill just get me an '05 and call it good b/c im one of the odd few who like the way the vert looks. thanks for all the opinions and thoughts.
stang6992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 09:06 PM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

99 and newer have better base HP but have same MOD potential. Prices are more, but more HP is worth it. The new body style is great, but look for the starting price to be way up there.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:09 PM   #3
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

the newer stangs have more power but you will save money buying a 98 and doing a head swap you`ll make more power this way also the 99 and newer use the dam returnless fuel system
and i`m not fond of the on coil system you can`t upgrade the coils
Rice Haters Club Member #55
For My car Specs Click the Home page link
http://www.badassyellowgt.50g.com/
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote