MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-29-2001, 11:21 PM   #1
84_GT350
Registered Member

Post One last question about K-members

Ok...I'm in the market for a new front suspension (tubular K-member, A-arms, and probably a coil over kit) but I don't know where to go to get it. Everyone's told me that Griggs is pretty much the only name in town for street/road race use, but at around $2000 for the front I'm not sure I can afford it since I'll be doing the rear suspension at the same time as well as many other things. I've seen other setups from places like D&D, Granetelli, HAL, Ground Pounder (CCM), etc. but haven't heard much about them. I've already settled on a MM panhard bar/torque arm setup for the rear and I know they have a tubular K-member coming out...but I don't know when or how much it'll be. I'd just like to hear some thoughts from you guys.

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 07:44 AM   #2
spinemup
Registered Member

i have a MM panhardbar and rlca kit for sale im selling it for $350.00 it has about 2000 miles on it. i have many other things for sale also... email me with inquiries.

bkrbkr19@juno.com
spinemup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 03:17 PM   #3
drudis

I went with the Griggs k-member:

Yeah, I just followed the crowd, BUT if everybody at the track recommends them, I am going to go with them. I never have seen the other k-members, but that kinda says something in itself.
www.alanchavis.com has some nice writeups on his site about the MM stuff.

------------------
Darius Rudis
Roadracer: Home built t-arm/panhard suspension powered by an S-trimmed motor :-)
My Mustang Page
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 02:16 AM   #4
84_GT350
Registered Member

Hey Drudis...ca you tell me exactly what parts are in that picture and, if you can remember, how much it all cost you? I won't be doing the install so I'm not concerned with the ease of installation really...mainly right now I'm focusing on prices. I'm getting a good feel for who sucks and who doesn't but I just can't believe that Griggs is the only girl at the dance...especially when they're so much more expensive.

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 09:41 AM   #5
drudis

There is the K-member, control arms, bumpsteer kit, and coilover hardware. I ogt a _screaming_ deal on these.
Try www.griggsracing.com for pricing. Actually, watch the classified and at opentracking.com . They sometimes have some used stuff pop up, and you can save a few bucks.

------------------
Darius Rudis
Roadracer: Home built t-arm/panhard suspension powered by an S-trimmed motor :-)
My Mustang Page
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: